Thread: Older unknown Braddington Young recliner with broken reclining mechanism

brokenchair Guest

Default Older unknown Braddington Young recliner with broken reclining mechanism

Hello, I have an older Braddington Young with a broken reclining mechanism.

Can someone ID or point me to a resource where I could ID this recliner, so I can figure out how to order and repair the reclining mechanism? Additionally, is this a difficult job?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E5CB1090-C1B3-4EC5-A856-F2B0F498142E.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	9590
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E5CB1090-C1B3-4EC5-A856-F2B0F498142E.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	9589  

Default Re: Older unknown Braddington Young recliner with broken reclining mechanism

You have a # 4114 Recliner, which B-Y has been making for years. It's been a while since I have ordered a mechanism for one, however I want to say they are in the $ 150 to $ 200 range them plan on $ 25 to $ 30 shipping as they are heavy. Those are just guesses. They are NOT fun to replace, however but you can do it if you are patient and don't mind getting your arms getting scratched up. I always wear a sweatshirt when I am doing one for that reason, and Mechanix gloves as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

brokenchair Guest

Default Re: Older unknown Braddington Young recliner with broken reclining mechanism

Thanks! Is there a guide you'd recommend for replacing this? Also, do I have to order from some dealer of sorts?

Rose10e Guest

Hi! I also have a pair of B-Y recliners, cannot locate the receipt for the chairs to determine model. Could these also be 4114? I want to find replacement mechanisms for the chairs, purchased in 2010. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4945.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	9691
    Sorry to jump on this thread, I couldn't figure out how to start a new one.

Sorry, but no - that's not a 4114 model. I do not recognize it. Suggest you contact your selling dealer to see if they can assist.
    Duane Collie

Rose10e Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Sorry, but no - that's not a 4114 model. I do not recognize it. Suggest you contact your selling dealer to see if they can assist.
    I would like be to contact the dealer but they closed due to an illness in the family. The best info I could get was it is a Bradington Young recliner.

One of the recommendations I always suggest is to take your receipt with any furniture purchase, fold it up (or a copy of it) and stuff it in the bottom of the seat cushion. That way, it's always with the piece. I run into this issue constantly, folks wanting parts or to identify the cover, etc. It's virtually impossible to order parts from Bradington Young if you don't know the model number and they even want to know the date of manufacture/purchase. It can take hours to resolve otherwise and unfortunately I cannot spend the time on your behalf trying to investigate it, sorry. Good luck.
    Duane Collie