Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arhaus Garner Sectional

sonja donaldson Guest

Default Arhaus Garner Sectional

Hi,
    I love this sectional and was getting myself psyched up to spend $4K for a right facing loveseat/left facing daybed combo in a beautiful menswear fabric. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GARNERSECTTL.jpg 
Views:	1089 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	9593I have never purchased a piece of furniture this expensive. As I searched for a similar product, I came across sort of similar, but just not the modern high end looking design I like so much. I also came across multiple horror stories and reviews on Arhaus. Seems if everything goes well, people are happy with the product. If something goes wrong, it seems to go very wrong and be a painful and unhappy experience. This is not a few bad reviews, this is a plethora of nightmare stories. So.... can I get this sectional elsewhere, preferably for less and definitely from someone I can have confidence in? Thanks in advance!http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/atta...3&d=1489528274
    Sonja

sorry about the attachment....

Default Re: Arhaus Garner Sectional

I think you would be OK with Arhaus, if you like the piece - and it sits well, I'd not tell you to avoid it. Every retailer has bad reviews out there (even I do) and when people are happy they rarely write - but when they are not, look out!

Now for the bad news. While that may seem expensive to you at $ 4K, it really isn't. That's a large unit, and has three components in it. I assume its imported at that price as well and probably not an 8-way suspension build. To get quality USA-made, that piece would run in the $ 6K to $ 10K range for upper mid-range build and a top quality maker would be $ 11K to $ 14K. Arhaus runs pretty high margins as well as they have premium retail locations that where the overhead is costly. If they are selling it at $ 4K then I can pretty much guess there are limited fabric choices as these are pre-built and come in containers, it will have either a no-sag or Pirelli web seat suspension, no side or back panel padding and a stapled plywood construction frame. But I'm just guessing..... Good luck in your search.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

sonja donaldson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I think you would be OK with Arhaus, if you like the piece - and it sits well, I'd not tell you to avoid it. Every retailer has bad reviews out there (even I do) and when people are happy they rarely write - but when they are not, look out!

Now for the bad news. While that may seem expensive to you at $ 4K, it really isn't. That's a large unit, and has three components in it. I assume its imported at that price as well and probably not an 8-way suspension build. To get quality USA-made, that piece would run in the $ 6K to $ 10K range for upper mid-range build and a top quality maker would be $ 11K to $ 14K. Arhaus runs pretty high margins as well as they have premium retail locations that where the overhead is costly. If they are selling it at $ 4K then I can pretty much guess there are limited fabric choices as these are pre-built and come in containers, it will have either a no-sag or Pirelli web seat suspension, no side or back panel padding and a stapled plywood construction frame. But I'm just guessing..... Good luck in your search.
    I was not clear enough in my post. The pieces I am interested in are not the pieces on the photo on the website - I am only interested in two smaller pieces. The cost is not particularly troublesome to me, if I knew I would receive it in excellent condition, as ordered, in the time stated. These pieces are made in America and are good construction and quality fabric. My concern is not quality, but the numerous and pervasive bad experiences with Arhaus. This is not a few negative comments - it is overwhelmingly negative experiences with both Arhaus and their delivery service from many many customers on numerous forums over the past 5 years. I have never seen such an overwhelming volume of bad experiences and I am just not willing to risk $4K to have that experience. So - my question is - where else can I buy this? Honestly - I would be willing to pay a bit more for it to know that I would actually receive it as ordered without hassle. Thanks for you consideration.
    Sonja

The pieces I am interested in are not the pieces on the photo on the website - I am only interested in two smaller pieces.

And what would the "smaller pieces" be? For assistance, you should be as specific as possible and photos should be of exactly what you are trying to replicate.
    Duane Collie

sonja donaldson Guest

As stated in my original post - the pieces I am interested in are a right facing loveseat/left facing daybed. No photos exist of this particular combination, so I posted the only thing available to demonstrate the style.

I was actually a bit confused by your post as well...and I guess I still am. So let me see if I understand...

You like the Garner sectional from Arhaus and want a configuration of a right facing loveseat/ left facing daybed - so 2 piecces? And even though you like it, you do not want to purchase from Arhaus because of the many bad reviews as you found regarding their delivery?

I'm confused if you're asking for a suggestion for a similar sofa from a different manufacturer, or if you're hoping someone else manufactures that sofa for Arhaus and you can buy the exact same one from a different dealer. From what I've read in other posts on this forum, as well as other Q&A online, Arhaus seems to be very vague with disclosing who manufactures their furniture. (http://www.justanswer.com/general/1t...re-arhaus.html)

I believe what you are looking for is a LAF (Left Arm Facing) Loveseat and a RAF Chaise (Right Arm Facing). This is one I have in my store by Century Furniture (Cornerstone Group). I don't see the term "Day Bed" used, more commonly it's referred to as a chaise. This configuration you can get from many makers, in many various styles. Any mainstream furniture store has access to items such as these.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed_edited-3.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	9596
    Duane Collie

Looks like their "daybed" is maybe longer than a chaise?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5e615ed66709f9ef0752a29017eaa1b8.jpg 
Views:	695 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	9597

That won't look right with a loveseat module as the Day Bed section is far too large. Will be a design faux-paux.
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-16-2017 at 10:20 AM.
    Duane Collie

To the original question, I doubt you can buy an Arhaus sofa anywhere else, stores like that carry exclusive designs made to their specifications.