We're in the process of renovating our home and looking for advice on the right layout and furniture selections in this room.

The room is actually part of an open concept with a kitchen on the left hand side. The block you see on the left side is a post holding up several beams that span across the room. This room is designed to be a casual family room, relatively rustic, but very comfy and functional. We want our kids to want to hang out in this area and watch TV/movies (TV over the fireplace).

I have several questions:
1. Is it better to do the sofa on the long wall and the chairs on the short wall (as I have it layed out here) or is there a better layout?
2. Will the chaise sectional make it too cluttered?
3. Are there other furniture options that may work better?

For chairs, we really like the Blackhawke lounger and the Lloyd lounger but are open to other options as long as they are classic and rustic style.

We're really struggling with sofa selections. First, it is not clear which H&M sofas can be customized to be a chaise. Second, I'm a big guy and I like 25"+ seat depth. I can't find anything that is in this range from H&M. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chaise sectional.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	9594