Thread: What do you know about Natuzzi Leather? Please help.

Justgotbme Guest

Default What do you know about Natuzzi Leather? Please help.

Hi, I just registered so I hope I'm asking this question in the right place. my3dogs on the Garden Web dec forum aimed me here.
    I found a sofa and loveseat on Craigslist from Natuzzi Leather. The set is only $250.00 so the price I'm not worried about at all. It's that is over an hour drive both ways and I'd have to rent a trailor to get it home. I'd hate to go to all this trouble and find out it's not worth it.
    I only have one photo off CL of the loveseat. The owner says the sofa has a little more "normal" wear. Again no biggie if his idea of normal is the same of mine. What I'm asking is do you think Natuzzi is worth the trouble of driving over a hour to look at it, then driving to get a trailor hooked up to my car, back to get the sofas, get home and return trailor?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

You can't hardly go wrong at $ 250 for ANYTHING that is still functioning (mechanism) in leather. While Natuzzi is not considered a premium line, the price is right.

Why not rent a Pickup Truck from U-Haul? Less hassle than hooking up a trailer......
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Photo looks like some soiling on the leather. I would be somewhat suspicious about the sofa's condition based on 1- lack of photo 2- condition of loveseat. Also Natuzzi is a low end brand. I would request more information before investing all the time and effort you described.

By the way, welcome to the forum, and let us know about your experience.

Justgotbme Guest

Thank you drcollie and cuse69. It turns out that this was probably all for not. My son asked to borrow my car for this evening before I heard back from the sofa set owner via email. Hubby was going to get home so son could take his car, since mine has the hitch, but my cell phone didn't ring and I missed his trying to call until after he emailed saying he'd been trying. We live in a sometimes dead zone. (Can you hear me now?)
    In the mean time another potential buyer arranged to look at it. Most likely arriving before I could get there. I'm not going to rush at this time of day (the middle of rush hours here) so I'll wait and see if it's sold or not. In the mean time here's a couple more photos he sent me of close ups. I linked so you can see them full size. Can this be cleaned with Saddle soap, or is it there for good?
    SOFA
    LOVESEAT

Again thank you both so much for you help.

Thanks cuse69 for the welcome. I've heard of you over here, but have never stopped by.

Never use Saddle Soap on upholstery leather.
    Duane Collie

Amy55555 Guest

Default Re: What do you know about Natuzzi Leather? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Never use Saddle Soap on upholstery leather.
    Duane,

I posted a question on allexperts - not sure if that is a site you still use so I thought I'd post it here as well. The questions I wrote was:

"I have a one year old leather sofa with a "skunky" smell. I read on line to try to clean it with saddle soap and then condition it to possibly lessen the smell. Is this good advice? By the way, I have never had this odor problem with other leather furniture pieces. Someone said it might be from a chemical used to finish the leather with a shine. Is this nonsense? Thanks in advance for your help."

I see here that you don't recommend using saddle soap. Can you make another suggestion for reducing or eliminating this skunky smell?

Amy

Default Re: What do you know about Natuzzi Leather? Please help.

Answered at All Experts
    Duane Collie