Thread: My new H&M sofa!

Default My new H&M sofa!

Hello all,
    I just wanted to report that I have received my new sofa from Hancock and Moore and it is beautiful!
    This whole process (and I do mean "process" because I did my research) was made enjoyable by DRCollie and I was able to make an educated decision on the leather and style using the information on this website. It is a learning curve for sure. I read the posts here, visited showrooms in Hickory, NC, to research styles, visited the H&M factory a while back to sit in sofas, and Duane even somehow allowed me into the Hancock and Moore showroom at the High Point furniture mart to check out the sofas.
    Since I am from NC, my husband and I made the trip to Taylorsville yesterday for the factory tour by Rick Fox and Jimmy Moore and to take the sofa home ourselves. It is fascinating and eye opening to see how much goes into making each piece of furniture and also to learn and see the quality and craftsmanship you are getting at H&M. Anyone that buys Hancock and Moore furniture can be satisfied that it is made in the USA and also that it is made by perfectionists! Every piece inside and out is top shelf. They even have a way to make sure the chair or sofa or whatever sits level--so rest assured it's not the furniture but your floor if there is a problem. It's also a fun tour and everyone at the plant is so welcoming and friendly.
    As for my sofa, it's a Stockholm sofa with Belgian chocolate wood trim and the leather is envy mink with envy chocolate welt trim. I sprang for the envy leather because of its wonderful leather feel and because it's from Germany and apparently is tanned in a green factory in Belgium instead of one that may harm the environment.
    I also purchased a Stockholm chair from Duane's store a few weeks ago that he described as "chair art". The leathers on these two pieces were not chosen to match each other but I enjoy the way they look together and the differences in them. To say my den has been upgraded is an understatement!
    Now that I have the H&M pieces, I am sufficiently spoiled and will never look at furniture in any store the same. I appreciate Duane for all of his help through this. He has been very patient with all of my questions and never once pushed to close the deal. I'm proud to own furniture from my home state and to give my business to someone that truly deserves it! I know where to go if I need any other furniture in the future. Thanks Duane!!
    Sincerely,
    NancyF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4243.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	9608   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4239.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	9609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4237.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	9610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4235.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	9611  
    Last edited by HellofromNC; 03-16-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Default Re: My new H&M sofa!

The Stockholm series is one of the most handsome group that H&M makes in my opinion, photos never do it justice. And the Envy leather is absolutely top shelf. You will of course, now have a very critical eye when you see run-of-the-mill furniture and whisper to your husband "You can tell that's not Hancock and Moore".

Glad you got to meet Jimmy Moore, he's quite the character and will tell you stories as long as you care to listen. The tour itself - really fantastic. Old world and made by hand, there are no computers and robots - its men and women running sewing machines, swingin mallets, and hammering nails with the muscles and sweat that make H&M. And the Pride in Workmanship at the plant is evident.

Thanks for letting me be your dealer of choice. I appreciate the business! - Duane
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.