Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New H&M Journey Sofa, Lounger and Sadler Recliner

jschabow Guest

Default New H&M Journey Sofa, Lounger and Sadler Recliner

HDS Just delivered my H&M furniture which I ordered though Duane at the Keeping Room.

The pictures are of:
    Journey Sofa:
    Leather: Document Harness
    Nail: L
    Wood: Light Mahogany
    Cushion: Ultra Down in Bottom Cushion Only

Journey Lounger:
    Leather: Columbia Butternut

Sadler Recliner:
    Leather: Columbia Butternut

All pieces are very well made. Needless to say I am quite happy so far with my purchase. If anyone would like more detailed photos or has questions please let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8132.jpg 
Views:	1109 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8131.jpg 
Views:	967 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8142.jpg 
Views:	1106 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	404   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8137.jpg 
Views:	1063 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	405   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8144.jpg 
Views:	928 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	406  

organic_smallhome Guest

Congratulations--they're beautiful! As is your retriever.

jschabow Guest

Thanks... My Golden is a bit of a camera hog!

Question for Duane,

My Sadler is pretty comfy for a while but there seems to be a lack of padding on the bottom bolster such that I can feel the underlying wood. Either they did not fill it enough or and more likely the curvature of my back is higher up due to my height (6'3)... Got any ideas how we can fix it?

The lumber support cushion that hits you in the small of your back? Let me order you a "extra full" cushion core, and have it shipped down to you. Zips right in, will take about 3 weeks to get there. Just keep the existing one as a spare. Should fix you right up. Is the top cushion OK? If that one is too soft I can get you an "extra firm" for that as well.

Looks Great!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

jschabow Guest

Duane,

Go ahead and order both, I think both being firmer will be better for my back. I sound like an old man! Do I have to pay for shipping?

Nope! Won't cost you a thing.....just part of the customer service I provide. I try to make long distance shopping as hassle-free as possible. I'll order them today, will be about 3 weeks. When you see the cushions you'll swear they will be way too large to fit in there, but they will. I'm going to order 'extra-full' rather than 'extra firm'. "Extra-full" will be halfways between the standard and extra-firm in density.
    Duane Collie

jschabow Guest

Thank you very much for doing this! You run one heck of a business! I am sure your FSU education taught you this!

One more question... My wife has to press really hard on the back of her chair in order to recline... I would think there would be some way to change the tension of the springs? If so could you talk me through the procedure? Let me know how we can fix this.

Thanks again for all your help!

Glad to do it!

I could be like other dealers and submit photos of your pieces to H&M for evaluation, which would mean waiting until the Sales Rep came by or printing them out and mailing them off - only to be told nothing is wrong with the cushions. Then I'd tell you a month later "Nothing is wrong with them" and you'd say "Yeah, but I don't like them way the chair feels". Then you'd be on a low boil about it, ask me to check again and another round of calls/letters might be made on your behalf .... or not. Two months later you're writing a letter to H&M wanting to know why you paid all this money for something and its uncomfortable. H&M tells you the cushions are not defective (and they aren't) and to contact me again. By this time you're just done with it and swear to never buy from that store again or another H&M product.

I don't do that. I know what will fix it up and just order it, without getting anyone's permission or authorization. I want the core cushions to you as fast as possible, so it was the first thing I did this morning - put it on the fax. None of this 'defective or not' nonsense, lets just fix it. H&M may charge me for the inserts - and if they do I pay the bill, or they may not. Since they're not defective it can go either way. Its a leap of faith to do business long distance on expensive items - I know that. I'd rather get your order squared away and worry about who pays for the cores down the road (H&M or me), and not hold up the process. That's the right way to do business (and i was a Political Science Major at FSU, not a business one!).

On the recliner spring tension, flip the chair upside down and look for a spring on either side of the mechanism with a wing nut on the end of it. Just screw the wing nut IN, or OUT to change the recliner tension. That should work on 90% of the recliners, a few have some funky mechanisms that don't use the wing nuts/springs. Let me know if you can't locate them.

And THANK YOU for your order!
    Duane Collie

carmela39 Guest

Beautiful pieces. I just ordered the September in Columbia leather. Are you pleased with your choice on the chairs? They look stunning.

jschabow Guest

Default Update

I am still enjoying the leather selections very much. I think document feels a little nicer than Columbia, but like the look of Columbia better.

The requested cushions arrived via UPS yesterday. They were pretty hard to get in as they were pretty full as the should have been. Only "issue" was that the top cushion was actually stapled to the char at the top back. I just ripped it out without incident.

New cushions are MUCH better (I just woke up from my nap if thats any indication). My wife liked the old cushions but these are better for me.

Thanks again Duane and I hope H&M pays you back as its on my conscience.