Thread: Difficult delivery for my team

Default Difficult delivery for my team

This past Saturday my delivery guys had what they say was the most difficult delivery they have ever had. It took them close to four hours to get it accomplished, that Hancock and Moore Austin High Back Sofa (and Loveseat) just didn't want to go into the basement of that split level house. They saw it (the difficulty) immediately when they walked in the house and called me. I said "Take however long you need, that customer really wants those pieces, if you can make it happen - do it". They wound up removing doors, removing bannisters, and all the feet on the pieces. After all that, they had 1/2" extra to make it in. But a half an inch is all you need! No damage, and our customer was very happy. My customer saw how hard they worked and didn't give up like lesser teams would, and gave them a nice tip.

I'm so proud of my guys. They are experienced, know what they are doing, and don't give up. Four hours for two guys on site cost me way more than the $ 90 delivery fee we charged, but that's OK, the important part was they made the customer happy and did it without putting a mark on any of the furniture or the walls. Men that work like that - with pride, with commitment, are a huge asset.
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-27-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

The18thLetter27 Guest

Default Re: Difficult delivery for my team

Great story!! Finding good help, who really care about what they are doing are hard to find. A lesser team would have not tried at all or would have destroyed the walls and damaged the furniture.

clearchoiceos Guest

Nice!!! These guys are real asset of your company. It's hard today to find these kind of dedicated guys. Great!!!

Jim, who is my lead guy, is 6' 4" and a bull of man. He's right out of Brooklyn with that brash and loud New York City personna and is the first to crack jokes about anything at all - and would also give you the shirt off his back. He doesn't give up on anything - and he gets the job done. You'd never know he had a hip replacement 14 months ago and he just works right through it like it wasn't even there, though at the end of a hard delivery day he's a little gimpy after parking the truck. You know, they have fun going out on delivery and meeting the customers - they have full time jobs during the week and running around in the truck on Saturdays is mostly to get a little extra spending cash and avoid house chores. At least that's what I think.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.