Thread: Bradington Young vs Bernhardt

jschabow Guest

Default Bradington Young vs Bernhardt

My Parents are looking to buy a new couch for their family room. They have found a Bernhardt that they like and would like to know what the key differences are bettween it an Bradington Young. Duane do you have any words of wisdom? Also whats the typical turn around time to get a Bradington Young sofa?

I wish I could help on this one, but I'm not well-versed enough on Bernhardt to do a comparison, sorry!

BY is doing very quick turnaround times. I don't order anywhere near the volume in BY that I do H&M, but most the BY arrives in four weeks these days.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Bradington Young vs Bernhardt

While we’re on the topic of comparisons, I’m wondering how you think Old Hickory Tannery stacks up against H&M. I’m trying to decide between the H&M Tavern, which I know you really like (me too!), and OHT’s 7960-03, a huuuge sofa chaise. Totally different designs, which is another topic, and the OHT is really better scaled to he room it would be in…. Anyway. Both sofas would have to be modified in order to fit through my ancient 32-inch door. OHT has agreed to make the legs removeable and I think H&M is about to agree to same.

How do the companies stack up? This really runs to the fundamentals of their construction ethics, because there is modification involved. I believe H&M wouldn’t agree to modify unless they think they can give me something that will last. What about OHT? I know less about them. It’s a bigger sofa, too—a huge one. So if it is not sound, maybe that’s more likely to be problematic?

Default Re: Bradington Young vs Bernhardt

I know nothing about Old Hickory Tannery, in fact I have never heard of them before, so I am not in a position to render an opinion on them or do a compare or contrast. There are hundreds of small upholstery makers around - they must be one of them.
    Last edited by drcollie; 12-26-2021 at 09:11 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.