Thread: Leather reclining sectional

Quality Guest

Default Leather reclining sectional

I am looking for a leather sectional with recliners and possibly a console. I am wanting the one that is made here in the USA and of the best quality that will last forever. I also prefer a shorter seat depth since we are not very tall. Wife and I are both 5'6" I have looked at priced Bradington Young and Smith Brothers have looked at Hancock Moore but not sure if they made reclining sectionals and could not find seat depth. The main thing is the best quality build that is available so it last the longest. I am open to any brand. Thanks.

Default Re: Leather reclining sectional

Hancock and Moore makes the best leather furniture in the industry, however the weak point in any motion furniture is the recliner mechanism - and with that in mind nothing is going to last forever. Leggett and Platt, and UltraMech are the two best mechanism makers, so you want to look for that in a build. Frames virtually never fail and then its owner maintenance on the leather as to how long the cover will last. Also, motorized recliners are less likely to have broken mechanisms and parts failure than manual ones. While that may seem like it should be reversed, its because people slam manual mechanisms whereas motorized lets them both extend and retract gently. Good luck in your search
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quality Guest

Thank you for the information. Looking at Hancock and Moore I believe the Austin sectional would be a good fit hard to know for sure without sitting in it. You shared that they did not offer a console though so we are also looking at McKinley and Bradington Young. Does McKinley make a 19 inch seat depth? I also cannot find weather they offer a recliner in a sectional or a console. From there websites it looks like Bradington Young is very customizable is McKinley much the same hard to tell from there website they look like good quality just hard to tell what options they offer. How do Bradington Young and McKinley compare

I am no longer a McKinley dealer - I dropped the line after a short foray into it, not impressed with their operation. You would need to contact a McKinley dealer for details on specifications. The H&M Austin series is considered to be best in class for its style, and it also comes with a hefty price tag, as most top quality items do. You can get a console by building up one of their home theatre groupings, and I have no doubt they can absolutely make you a custom one - I'm would imagine they have already done it for an Austin sectional before. That requires a custom quote, however.

Bradington Young will component -make your sectional based on what they offer as combos (and there are several). They do no custom work at B-Y whatsoever - however they offer a lot of combinations. They are on a plywood frame for all their pieces vs hardwood at H&M, and that accounts for much of the price variance.
    Duane Collie

Quality Guest

I wanted to get a price on a Bradington Young leather sectional it is the 930 style the pieces are 930-17,930-21,930-68,930-38,930-22,930-18 we were thinking about the leather being 9110-83 if you have any suggestions or things you would do differently I would appreciate the advice. If H&M has a comparable set up I would like to price it as well. If it is better to call I can call you again. The location for shipping is southern Illinois.

For price quotes, please go here and fill out, thank you:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/foru...tes-and-Orders
    Duane Collie