Thread: Better Recliner Option for Big Guy

c130mike Guest

Default Better Recliner Option for Big Guy

First, I must say thank you for this forum's very existence--it's a treasure's trove of information. I've gone from looking at Lane to Flexsteel to determining it's worth spending the extra money for a true quality product like H&M based on shared information here. That said, I will have to purchase based on trust and reputation as there is no dealer within hundreds of miles of me here on the panhandle of Florida. I'm planning on purchasing either the Sadler or Austin Highback Tilt with ottoman. I know it's highly subjective, but based on experience with bigger guys could you please tell me which you'd recommend I lean towards? For what it's worth, I prefer the look of the Austin. I am 6'1" 250. Appreciate any insight!

Default Re: Better Recliner Option for Big Guy

You will truly like either one, you're in the perfect size range for both. I'm 5' 11" and have a Sadler in my house, and my son who is 6' 4" is also good in it. Great Recliner. The Austin High Tilt Back is also tremendous, and it offers you more varied seating options plus a true 8-way hand-tied suspension in the deck, the downside is it has a larger footprint due to the ottoman and you will also have a higher cost basis since you need both pieces. Can't go wrong with either one, it will come down to recliner vs tilt w/ottoman and which you prefer.

FYI, I went to school at Florida State - can't believe there are no quality furniture dealers in Tallahassee!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I would suggest that you consider the 1026 Royal as well.

c130mike Guest

In the JIT program am I able to special order higher density cushions? Would you suggest I do so? Does that cost extra? Pretty much decided on the Austin. Thx

Yes, the standard core is an 18 oz Qualux, if you want to take it up one notch in firmness, then you specify 21 oz (Q21) and I would say it's about 15% firmer. No extra charge. You can also request an overfilled back (which is fiber fill) also at no charge.

Its such a matter of personal preference, it's difficult for me to recommend one way or the other. In an Austin Tilt Back, if I were ordering for myself, I'd not increase the firmness in that unit.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.