We are looking for new pieces for a new seating configuration for our main living area… something to accommodate more people than at present; that’s both comfortable for lounging on family movie night and yet also still appropriate for entertaining (dinner parties). The space is 16'2" wide x 17'8" deep from the fireplace mantle to the nearest breakfast table dining chair. Stylistically, we do not care for the chunky furniture in the pic, and especially not the floral fabric. We like simpler clean lines; not heavy, ornate. Our idea was to furnish the area with two fabric sofas and two leather recliners. (I have another thread “two sofas, two recliners” where I’ve uploaded designs we like. Attn: Duane in T-K, my wife likes the London and Wilcox sofas as well.)

And we know we’ll have to contend with finding a coffee table, end tables, etc., but for now we’re focusing on the main items.

The best layout we’ve imagined thus far would have two 4 seat sofas (108 W x 37 H x 38 D). One along each of the long walls. The windows wall would have the sofa 9” away from the windows to allow clearance for floor vents. To have a sofa against windows may be a faux pas, but we’re okay with it. We’re more concerned about offering more, comfortable seating, while retaining the open flow of the room as much as possible. So here’s the kicker… two 35” wide leather recliners which would be centered, facing the tv/fireplace, and about 5 inches apart. The “tv wall” is exactly 75” wide so I liked the symmetry with this. With those measurements, we’d have 25.5” space between each sofa and recliner, and ~36” from the recliner to the nearest breakfast table dining chair.

My wife likes this idea best among the ones we’ve come up with so far. We were hoping feedback from the forum would encourage us to move forward in looking for these pieces, or to open our eyes to other ideas. Thank you in advance to all for your opinions and suggestions.