Thread: Help with eclectic mix two sofas and two chairs

Threaded View

gkholdridge Guest

Default Help with eclectic mix two sofas and two chairs

Almost ready to place order with DC but thought I would post here in case it might prove useful for another furniture addict!

Moving and have one large great room (no formal parlor) two story high ceiling with huge windows overlooking pool. Room size 20' x 21' with a very large cast stone fireplace mantel jutting into the middle of the room 100" wide x 42" deep. Therefore actual room width becomes closer to 16' 6".

Hubby is very traditional and we love our H&M city sofas and love seats that we currently own in chenille (going to game room) and in leather at our lake house.

We are using leather in our media room and other rooms so this great room will be chenille fabrics carrying the color scheme of Aqua with tan and chocolate brown.

For this new TX home I love the Parisian sofa (1279 or 1278 or 6218) in a beautiful chenille tweed fabric, Marne, color aqua.
    My husband likes the Marin Chair which will be in a green/aqua chenille fabric, Waterford, color aqua.. (His favorite is the Lennon Chair if it came with a 20"wide seat instead of 18"inside).

Question is I would like to mix transitional pieces in the room by adding another sofa and chair. Which of the following pieces do you feel work best to with the Parisian Sofa and Marne Chair and ottoman to create an artistic and inviting look

Additional sofa options (will be in Marne chenille)
    4250 Ritz sofa
    6024 Glenwood Sofa (surprised how comfortable this was to sit in)
    5638 Arrington Sofa

Additional chair options ( covered in fabric Hambleton color aqua
    5651 Mood chair (my concern is this is a higher chair, however, it is so very stylish and I would use contrasting leather/nubuck in aquaon the otp of the arm)
    4249 Ritz chair with ottoman
    5637 Arrington chair& ottoman

Am also considering the 6090 Cole cocktail ottoman in front of the fireplace. In leather document wave or French Caress OR in Taylor King stripe Adjourn, color tranquile which accents Marne exquisitely.

Attachment 9800Attachment 9801Attachment 9802Attachment 9803
    Fabric swatches on monitor look terrible, actual fabric is beautiful.

Open to suggestion,
    Grace HoldridgeAttachment 9804
    Last edited by gkholdridge; 04-24-2017 at 02:14 PM. Reason: add photo