Thread: Best Tires for a 2007 Honda Civic?

Default Best Tires for a 2007 Honda Civic?

I have a 2007 Civic (no idea whether it's an LX, EX, or whatever--just know that it's a four-door sedan) with less than 70,000 miles, so I'd like to keep it for at least another year. Need new tires, though. The dealership said that the Goodyears that come with it are good enough, but I'm wondering if somebody here would recommend another brand, instead? Michelin Premier A/S? Many thanks.

Default Re: Best Tires for a 2007 Honda Civic?

I dont know what tires would be best for your vehicle. You definitely want good enough tread for poor weather conditions. Try searching on tirerack.com and see what other car owners with a similar vehicle are using and their reviews along with tire surveys. Also, the website does tire reviews.

Yes Tirerack is a good place to check. In general Michelin is top tier brand for tires, but they will be more expensive than like a Cooper or a Goodyear.

I run Michelins on my vehicles almost exclusively. Tires are the most important thing you can put on a car, and the one place to not go cheap. Premium tires are quieter, gripper, have better stopping distances, less warranty claims and generally give you a more comfortable ride as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum
    I ask that you do NOT call my store with general furniture questions, that is what the forum is for

Thanks, everybody. Went to Tirerack and my head is spinning. So, Duane, any Michelins, in particular, you'd recommend for my very boring 10-year-old Civic? Something all-weather that might be good on snowy city streets, as well?

Check out this page and go to the Grand Touring All-Season and Standard Touring All Season sections and look at the top ratings. Check out the description at the top to see which category is more like what you want. Personally, when I lived in Boston I had Michelin Premier A/S on my sedan, but if you are only planning to keep the car for a year and you drive only 7,000 miles a year, maybe you want to go with something cheaper. Plug in your tire size and look at the ratings to figure out the price/performance ratio you are comfortable with. Good luck!

I get a lot of my tires from Tire Rack myself, and you can usually find a set "On Sale" that will fit your car, that are from a premium maker (Michelin, Bridgestone, Continental, Pirelli, Yokohama). Sometimes the savings are significant. I would never buy an off-brand tire myself. Of the (5) Vehicles I have in my garage (3 cars, 2 motorcycles), three of them are on Michelins, one one Pirellis (OEM tire) and one on Dunlops (OEM tire). As soon as the two with OEM's need replacing, they will be on Michelins as well. One thing often overlooked in tires is ride noise and comfort. I find Michelins to have all the performance of the other brands, but ride better with less noise, so its my brand of choice.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum
    I ask that you do NOT call my store with general furniture questions, that is what the forum is for

Thank you so much, guys. I went with the Michelin Premier A/S, as you recommended, which had excellent reviews on the tire site, as well. Amazing how much smoother the ride is! Again, very grateful, thank you.

Ahh, that new tire feeling. I am coming up on 50,000 miles on my current car and I'm looking forward to getting new ones (not looking forward to the bill though!).