I started a new thread for you...

You have the classic dilemma which is you would be much more comfortable in the standard depth, and your husband in the deep depth. Once size does not fit all! As to your kids, that won't matter because 1) They aren't paying for it and 2) They tend to drape themselves over furniture rather than sit in it. So, the question becomes who is going to use these sofas the most? Many times the man of the house prefers a recliner, and there are several that will fit him, and the ladies take the sofa. If there is no recliner in the picture, just two sofas, then my thought would be get one in standard depth, the other in the deeper depth. Unless you just have to have precise symmetry, they will flow well together and the difference in depth on the one barely noticeable, and you will both be comfortable that way. I am 5" 11" and I personally would not a Deep depth unit. At 5' 5" you will always be searching for pillow to put behind you on a deeper depth. I have no issues on deeper depth units visually, as lone as they don't cram the space in the room. Without seeing a layout, I'm thinking a pair of 43" sofas facing one another with a coffee table in the middle might be tight, I like 24" for all walkspaces, 17" is narrow.

The Coffee Table is 48" in length, but what is the width of it? If you need more space, find something more narrow. To really be able to give some decent design layout advice, photos and a layout would be good to have.