Thread: Help with leather puddling

nfilling Guest

Default Help with leather puddling

We purchased a City sofa and loveseat in Cavalier leather in the Town and Country program about a year ago. The standard cushions that we ordered were too soft for my husband once the pieces were delivered, so I was able to obtain extra firm seat cushions for the loveseat to see if they were more acceptable, which I have pictured. We are distraught with the puddling and stretching of the leather. We had Distinction Leather pieces for years with innersprings in the cushions where the leather always looked neat and tight. Would a Marshall Spring seat cushion be more supportive than the extra firm cushions? What can be done to eliminate the loose appearance of the leather?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0794.jpg 
Views:	700 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	9889

Default Re: Help with leather puddling

Just request your selling dealer get you an set of Extra-Full Fiber-Fill Back inserts, they're no charge and that will plump up the back.

Seats look normal to me. All leather is going to puddle to some degree and a Marshall unit will not prevent that, and in fact will probably make it worse. You can request seat cores with a high crown made into them. I don't personally care for the high crown treatment as it makes them less comfortable to me, however H&M will make that up for you if you like.
    Last edited by drcollie; 05-25-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.