Thread: Mixing differnt colors of Leather in a room or all the same?

Default Mixing differnt colors of Leather in a room or all the same?

I'm about ready to order a Arrington Sofa from Duane in Kip Pyramid. I have two Sami Recliners in Kip Wheat that will be here in a few weeks (should have emailed Duane first- his prices were better, but live and learn.) Should I get all three pieces in Kip Wheat? I think that might be too much of the same color leather in the room, although I really like that color. The walls are a neutral beige and the floor is Gunstock hardwood with a colorful rug with rusts, beiges and navy.

I will try and post a picture here. If the size is too big, It can be deleted so as to not fill up the server. I am not all that technology savy.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LR pic.JPG 
Views:	800 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	9892

The recliners will go where the big lazy boy chairs are and of course the sofa on the wall. I've had those chairs a year and I hate them. I'm tired of the big rocker recliners and those chairs were $1,000 each--- not the first time I've thrown money out the window.
    Last edited by Mightyjj; 05-28-2017 at 04:21 PM. Reason: additional information

Default Re: Mixing differnt colors of Leather in a room or all the same?

I don't know those two leathers, but in general I think mixing the colors will be better. Having two recliners and then a sofa all in the same color will kind of make the room look monotone and bland usually.

Default Re: Mixing differnt colors of Leather in a room or all the same?

Thank-you. I was thinking the same thing. The Kip Wheat is a golden tan and the Kip Pyramid is what I would call a light Milk chocolate. Kind of the color of coffee with a little cream. I saw the swatches at a local dealer. I was looking for a sofa in fabric but everytime I look at Fabric I get disgusted as its difficult to find anything I like. Everything is either washed out, too neutral, or too bold. I guess I'm just hard to please. Leather is much easier. You get what you get and don't have to worry about the patterns.
    Last edited by Mightyjj; 05-28-2017 at 08:23 PM. Reason: additional comments