Thread: Looks like it's gonna be H&M

Skkeiko50 Guest

Default Looks like it's gonna be H&M

I posted a couple of questions a few months ago about some less expensive furniture. After reading these posts I believe my mind is made up about Hancock and Moore. I sat in a Westbridge recliner and was told it would sit similar to the Austin High Back sofa. I am hoping that is correct since the recliner was extremely comfortable in the stationary position. I am interested in a quote for an Austin High Back Sofa - 2138, Class II, Protected in taupe colors, i.e., chico sand, kip tweed, document stone and dream taupe. I like the lighter colors. We live in Florida...zip is 32163.

Thanks so much for your help. This site is awesome!

Skkeiko50 Guest

Default Re: Looks like it's gonna be H&M

Thanks for such a quick response. Does the Austin tilt back sit the same as the Austin sofa? No dealers in my area have the Austin high back to try out.
    Out of the colors I indicated any better than the other? Will try to get to a dealer who at least has samples. Thanks again.

Default Re: Looks like it's gonna be H&M

I think you probably meant # 7150 Westwood Lounger, there is not Westbridge from H&M.

You can't really direct someone to a recliner and tell them it sits like a Stationary Sofa, at best its like having baked meat loaf and saying the hamburger cooked on the BBQ will taste similar.

It will get you in the ballpark, but the suspension and pitch angles are totally different from the recliner to the sofa. In my opinion, the "sit" of a 8138 Austin High Back Sofa is better than any recliner, due in part to the 8-way hand tied suspension the stationary piece has that no recliner can accommodate.

I believe I gave you a quote earlier today in the QUOTES and ORDERS page.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.