Thread: Crazy for a sectional

FranklinLG Guest

Default Crazy for a sectional

Hey there. Jonathan here. We happened to stumble upon your site looking for information on manufacturers of sectionals. The room is 14.5 x 24. There are two entrances from the front side. To the right, there or french doors and windows, which open to the deck. In the middle back, is a pocket door to a hallway for bedrooms, and to the left, is a work area, that takes of 3', and there is also a door to another bedroom. We're looking to put in a sectional, which will, undoubtedly, take up a lot of space... But we have need for mass seating, and we have KIDS... I note you deal with H&M, and that's great. But we're really open to anything. We've looked at Rowe and McCreary Modern. Over all design feel for the room is a coastal living style - light colors. Wood floors are going in shortly. Bottom line, we're not decorators. Just simple folk, who enjoy being at home, and want to be comfortable. We are not that interested in leather, because it just seems SO heavy feeling from a visual perspective.

So after seeing how you have helped people, both with finding the right product, and working with them in other ways, we thought we'd poke you on this. We'd be happy to forward a few photos of the room - it is in transition, but at least you'd get the idea.

TIA,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum. First thing I would recommend is use an on-line room planner to configure your space and see how you can set the run of the sectional. Here's one that is free, and easy to use:

http://www.jordans.com/roomplanner.asp

That's going to show you spatial proportions and give you some idea of walkway space needed in your room. Most sectionals are going to have run of 110" to 125" on each side, depending on if you use 2-seaters or 3-seaters on either side of the wedge. If space gets tight, configure with the 'squared-off' wedges rather than the round ones. The Right Angle ones take up less room on the dimensional (along the wall) run.

If you want to attach photos, you can do so right here in your posts (GO ADVANCED), and its easy to do.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.