Thread: Westwood series

Skkeiko50 Guest

Default Westwood series

Duane

As soon as I receive my recent sample request we will be ordering the Westwood series. I do have some concerns since the only H&M we sat in was the Woodbridge recliner; however we fell in love.

My concerns are
    1. Ordering without sitting in the sofa or the recliner. However, you did indicate that the Westwood recliner was superior to the Woodbridge. I am 5'4 and my husband is 6'. My husband did like the Woodbridge recliner but might like the Westwood more since it is larger.

2. The Westwood sofa looks like it has some pitch to it compared to other sofas. Should I be looking at one that has a straighter back or will the bustle help with that? The sofa is all mine!

3. Since the Westwood sofa is slightly curved how will that look with an ottoman?

4. As far as cushion firmness should I stay with the standard on both the seat and back?

If you have any other information you can pass on regarding our selection, would be most appreciated. Just a lot of info to process.

This site is truly amazing to someone like me who had no idea about leather and what goes in to making a high end piece of furniture. So glad I found The Keeping Room!

Thanks again.

Default Re: Westwood series

The Woodbridge recliner is an old, tried and true design, its been in the line for I guess 30 years now, maybe even 40. It sells, because it works (and it's also less expensive). However, it doesn't have some of the new features that the latest generation recliners have. The Westwood has tufting on the side and back, to give it some style and compare the break lines in the back of the chair. Let me show you some of the key differences:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-6-2016_11-55-59_AM_1_PR copy.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	9921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1021_Woodbridge_1_PR copy.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	9922

Why do you want the lower cushion break line? I'll tell you - at 5'4" you head is going to just touch the top of the upper bustle on the Woodbridge, the result is that it will always push your head forward, you're not tall enough to get centered into the upper back pillow. So for you, you will find the lower cushion break on the Westwood to be more suitable. For your 6' tall husband he would be fine in either one.

Also, the recessed wings on the Westwood mean for broad-shouldered men such as myself, we are never "rolling" into the wing, something that annoys me in a recliner. You get more usable surface area on the back with those recessed wings.

The Style is the Style. Button Tufting on the side and back add a little grace an custom appearance to what is otherwise slab sides and back.

I don't find the Westwood sofa to have any additional pitch in the back, but it does indeed have a curved front. That might bother you visually if you are the kind of person that likes alignments to be squared away, but as a functional element it won't matter. The Ottoman will still work just fine.

Cushions are all about preference. Most customers stay with standards.

Hope that helps!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.