Thread: Can't decide on sofa

Skkeiko50 Guest

Default Can't decide on sofa

Duane

I have more questions regarding a sofa. I am having a hard time making a decision due to not having seen any H&M sofas.

I really like the looks of the Westwood however concerned about the curve. I like the Austin but not the High Back. I like the look of the Westwood more. Many posts have indicated how good the Austin sits. Is there another sofa you could recommend that sits just as good as the Austin and Westwood without the bustle? Does the bustle make that much difference in seating?

We have decided on the Westwood lounger and would like your recommendations on what sofa would look good with the lounger.

I will request a quote on the Austin 8134nb and possibly an ottoman and any other sofa you might recommend. Also waiting on additional leather samples.

Thanks again for your help.

Sue

Default Re: Can't decide on sofa

The Westwood sofa was designed by the same person who did the Sundance series. His mission goal was to incorporate the best elements of the Austin High Back and the Sundance into one - as a new model. The Austin series has been in the line for over 30 years and many customers wanted it updated, so the Westwood was the result. The tufting is straight off the Sundance as is the front curve. You can find more photos of Sundances than the Westwood, as its been out longer. Here's one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2CBE5931-9129-4408-831C-7392F02DBED8.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	9923

The front curve adds a little style to the piece. If you are a very symmetrical person you may not like it, but for the majority of my customers its a non-issue and they like it, because in the upholstery business curves cost money and it gives it a custom look vs straight edge front pieces.

No flat panel back sofa will sit as good as a Bustle back, just not going to happen. However, the Kodiak and Journey are pretty good.

Hope that helps.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.