Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Recliner won't stay back

Default Re: Recliner won't stay back

Hi. I saw it in an Ashley showroom several months ago. It was perfect except for the issue of the backrest wanting to push me forward. When I read other posts at the beginning of this thread I came across your idea of removing a spring to alleviate this issue. I’m not sure if this model has such springs to allow for this fix. It is no longer in the local showroom for me to inspect. It is available online and I would purchase if I knew the answer to this issue. It is a conventional recliner with a lever as shown at this link. Thank you.

https://www.homemakers.com/ashley-fo...er/527931.html

If a new unit, you should not buy it if you don't like the way it is presented and built. You do know that Ashley furniture is very poor quality, yes? Don't expect too much from it should you move forward with it is my advice.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Hi. Just a follow up to my earlier inquiry. I found a pdf showing the detail of the mechanism for this Foxfield Rocker Recliner. By looking at that, can you tell if it would allow for the procedure you suggested at the beginning of this topic of removing a spring in order to prevent the backrest from pushing forward when in the reclined position? Thanks again.
    https://www.ashleydirect.com/SmarTea.../252MECHBY.pdf

Sorry, I cannot make a recommendation one way or the other on that unit, as I am unfamiliar with it. Those springs are NOT located in the area as the ones I am used to working with. Good luck.
    Duane Collie

Thank you for looking. I thought it might be the spring labeled 74550 toward the back corners of the unit. I assume the larger springs in the middle are for the rocker feature.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thread necro.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	15678
    Hey there.

So I'm going to post some pictures of the underside of recliner that I got, I don't know if it's just funky and built poorly, or it lost a spring or I need to find out where to adjust it because even if it's just sitting on the ground and I pull open the recliner lever and the foot comes out, and then I push the recliner back it will just from its own weight go back up.

And I'm kind of a bigger guy so me sitting on it it feels like it's fighting my back and even if I just kind of move a little bit that things pushing forward, it's completely not comfortable.

It's comfortable to sit on but because the back is fighting me the entire time basically, fighting the weight of my body, it's ruining the comfortable experience.

Do we know a way to fix this? I looked all over for a name brand by the way and I don't see any tags I don't know if this is just some generic build or whatever.

If you need a picture of the actual chair let me know. Thank you in advance.

Name:	IMG_20230717_110757182.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	15679 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20230717_110749957.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	15680 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20230717_110806084_HDR.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	15681 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20230717_110811902_HDR.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	15682

Quote Originally Posted by Geese View Post

Name:	thread necro.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	15678
    Hey there.

So I'm going to post some pictures of the underside of recliner that I got, I don't know if it's just funky and built poorly, or it lost a spring or I need to find out where to adjust it because even if it's just sitting on the ground and I pull open the recliner lever and the foot comes out, and then I push the recliner back it will just from its own weight go back up.

And I'm kind of a bigger guy so me sitting on it it feels like it's fighting my back and even if I just kind of move a little bit that things pushing forward, it's completely not comfortable.

It's comfortable to sit on but because the back is fighting me the entire time basically, fighting the weight of my body, it's ruining the comfortable experience.

Do we know a way to fix this? I looked all over for a name brand by the way and I don't see any tags I don't know if this is just some generic build or whatever.

If you need a picture of the actual chair let me know. Thank you in advance.

Name:	IMG_20230717_110757182.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	15679 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20230717_110749957.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	15680 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20230717_110806084_HDR.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	15681 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20230717_110811902_HDR.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	15682
    See the small springs? Try taking them off and see if that makes it better
    Duane Collie