Thread: Campaign Ottoman - Too casual?

Post Campaign Ottoman - Too casual?

Hello. I had 2 new Sami Recliners delivered today from my local Hancock and Moore Dealer and I love the way they look. Also, I am getting a new Sofa in a Tan color, similar in style to the red one in the picture. My question is if you think the Hancock and Moore 072 Campaign Ottoman will look too casual in this room with the Sami Recliners and the rug that is in the picture? I really like the look of that tufted ottoman and Hancock and Moore's workmanship is so nice. I think its the best upholstery work I've ever seen on furniture. As close to perfect as I ever seen.

Thanks for your opinion.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Liv Rm.jpeg 
Views:	391 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	9963

Default Re: Campaign Ottoman - Too casual?

I think its perfect for that spot. I have the 072 at my house as well, and my wife and I enjoy it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank-you. But I'm not sure I'm cut out for Aniline Pull up leather. I looked at a sample of Tuscany Harness at my dealer today (I had an issue with one of my Sami Recliners- they are taking care of it). I like the color bursts and I like the wrinkles, scars, etc. but I don't like the way it "scratches" by barely touching it. I know that is how it is supposed to be. That sample looked like it had been thru a war zone, was stiff and almost dry feeling but no telling how old and dried out it is. Probably been on that handle for years. Is there a leather with all its natural makings with some kind of "protective barrier" ? I'm afraid I'd be rubbing that Tuscany Leather to try and get rid of the "scratches" all the time.

You are not a "Pull-Up" leather person, then. You can get any of the 400 + leathers on that 072 ottoman, you're not limited to the offering in the Town and Country program.
    Duane Collie

I've been looking at the H&M Website and I really like the look of the 093 Chancellor Cocktail Bench. And whatever the leather is that is on that piece looks really nice too. A beautiful brown. Knowing my luck its a grade 3-5. The Town and Country has such good pricing, but if you don't like it, then it is sure not a deal. I think that you mention that in the post that has the Town and Country collection. Might be interesting to see how it changes (if it does) next month.

I like the 076 Somerset Cocktail Ottoman as well.
    Last edited by Mightyjj; 06-17-2017 at 12:07 AM. Reason: additional comments

That's a seriously old photo - that leather is most likely gone. In today's leathers, I would say look at Tuscany or Tiburon to get close to it (GR 3).

Leather grades don't matter too much on ottomans, because there is not that much square footage used, so increases from one level to another are not that bad.
    Duane Collie

I'm not a pull up leather person. I love the natural markings and scars and color variations, but I don't like the way it scratches if you so much as touch it too hard- so I'd be real unhappy with those leathers.