Thread: Serviceability etc. of Capri, Quintessence, Weston, Leighton and Tiburon

Connie Guest

Default Serviceability etc. of Capri, Quintessence, Weston, Leighton and Tiburon

So appreciate this forum. Looks like we are definitely going to go for H & M couches and chairs. Once we've got the details figured out we'll check with you regarding pricing and then think through the pros and cons of ordering long distance vs a store 3 hours away. Our next step is figuring out the leather so that brings up a few questions.

1. I can't find the serviceability ratings for the leathers. Am I missing something?

2. In one post you mentioned that applying Leathermagic's Protection Cream to Quintessence would bring it to the barrier level of Capri. Is there currently something that would do this? If so, would applying it to Capri increase it's barrier level even more?

3. We want to go with Navy / Gray leathers which definitely limits us. We have 3 boys (ages 4-9) and will be eating meals on these couches only when there's a lot of company. Any input you'd give regarding the following leathers (including serviceability ratings if there's no link to go to)?

--Capri Navy
    --Quintessence Navy
    --Weston Navy
    --Leighton Steel
    --Tiburon Stone

Thanks!

Connie Guest

Default Re: Serviceability etc. of Capri, Quintessence, Weston, Leighton and Tiburon

I should have mentioned that these will get a LOT of use as the living room is a major area to hang out in.

Default Re: Serviceability etc. of Capri, Quintessence, Weston, Leighton and Tiburon

Hancock and Moore stopped using Serviceability ratings a few years ago. I think this was a good idea on their part, because it depends mostly on how the pieces are treated / used once in the home. I have seen customers destroy leather hides in as little as five years, others get thirty or more out of the same frame and leather. Lifestyle and maintenance are the key. Ask yourself honestly if you do any of the following, if so then a leather such as Capri is not your best choice:

* Eat meals frequently on the furniture
    * Wipe hands on the leather
    * Work in the yard / garage and sit on the pieces full of sweat / dirt / oil
    * Sit in the pieces in wet clothes
    * Are not willing to do the cleaning/conditioning regimen every 6 months
    * Take medications that change the chemical balance of your skin oils that can stain leathers.

Leather Solutions makes a barrier product for soft anilines such as Capri that will greatly increase the resistance to staining, its a one-time application product when new.

--Capri Navy : Luxury leather, elegant and velvet-like. Nude leather, susceptible to staining.
    --Quintessence Navy ; As for Capri
    --Weston Navy; Light waxy pull-up effect. Resists spills better than Capri/Quintessence
    --Leighton Steel: Heavyweight Aniline, of this group one of the toughest
    --Tiburon Stone: Great pull-up effect, and like all pull-ups, the infused waxes are naturally stain resistant, wears in great over time.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.