HI all,

I have been voraciously reading the forums here for a few weeks and asking Duane for help, which he has graciously provided and always in a timely manner. My wife and I are on a quest for a new sofa, and looking strongly at H&M. The furniture selection in our town is very limited, but we were able to travel a couple of weeks ago and try a couple of H&M and McKinley sofas.

We have a concern regarding seat height and depth. We are on the shorter side at 5'6" and 5'2", and hoping we don't shrink as we get older. We have been trying different chairs, sofas, etc. for comfort and noting their seating heights and depths". My wife does "curl up" or pull her legs up, but I usually don't, mostly because it hurts too much to unwind. So far, we know 21" depth is pretty comfortable up to 21" seating height. We think 22"D might be good, if the height is 21" or less.

I'd like to reach out to the forum for some input. I am curious to hear what H&M sofas you have, your height, and your feedback regarding comfort. My wife is really drawn to tufted back sofas (not so much on the tufted seats). In another post Duane gave a great description of his experience on the Teton. If I recall, he said sitting up straight on it reminded him of the doctor's office, but lounging on it and really leaning into the arms it was extremely comfortable.

I hope my local furniture dealers don't get tired of me trial sitting their sofas and measuring the seats.

I appreciate and look forward to any feedback.

Thanks.