First and foremost, thank you for making this forum!

I've been searching for a good quality sofa/loveseat/something-or-other for a while now and I came across this forum and the many level-headed contributors has given me a sense of confidence. So, here's the story...

Several years ago we bought Klaussner from a local dealer, waited a while for the delivery and long story short, the couch is a demon from beyond and has to go.

I have several lower back/hip issues that have been exacerbated by said couch and it's soft/sagging awfulness and now want a properly constructed, firm and comfortable couch.

I've been going around to all the big retailers with my list of specifics, hardwood, not plywood, corner blocks and preferably dowel joinery (which I think I read was good), the springs seem to be a point of contention, some places say Pirelli webbing, others say 8 way tied springs, some say sinuous, flexsteel, and for the cushions I've head arguments for and against EVERY type of foam, spring core, down this or that. My head is spinning, so here's the question.

I want a couch with a firm seat (from what I've sat in it seems 2.5 density high resiliency foam is a good reference for HOW firm it should be) with a firm back, I think one store called it a tight back(?), and I don't want a deep seat, in other words the backs of my knees shouldn't be hitting or on the couch. After the firmness and depth, I honestly don't care about anything other than wanting that firmness to last a LONG time, which I'm hoping is possible?

What might we have to buy for this, what can folks recommend to go for, and especially to avoid, and lastly, what's this going to cost?

Any insight is appreciated.