I come back from a warehouse run and see one of my neighbors struggling with the sign over their unit, he's trying to get it out of the bracket and working off a stepladder, which is not tall enough and he is balancing on it very precariously. So I say, "Hey, I have a solution - let me raise my lift deck, back the truck up and you can work off the wide liftgate and have a good, safe platform." He was very happy, and we did this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3A40FDA2-F5D8-475C-94C0-E7E693AF5E1B.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	10103

Now we had this set up for no more than two minutes when his boss, and the owner of the unit comes out and starts getting into with me about where I park the truck in the complex. He and I have gone round and round about this - my unit is 4x the size of his and I've been parking the truck in the same spot for 33 years. He's been here 2 years. Not that it gives me 'rights' or anything, but he saw that the truck in the same parking spot at the end when he bought the unit, so its kind of like moving next to the airport then complaining about the noise. His claim is he needs that spot I am in to unload pallets every day. And that's a stretch - I see what he gets, maybe one every two weeks. And I have told him I will move the truck if he needs that specific space whenever he requests. He says "Well, I request it all the time." I tell him that "All the Time" is not happening. Then while he's leaning on the deck platform of MY TRUCK parked to help him fix HIS SIGN he says "I'm going to sue you and the association". This guy is Norwegian, and seems to be a bit of an odd duck.

I said "Seriously? Here we are using my truck to fix your sign and you want to barge out of your office and threaten to sue me? What's wrong with this picture? What part of this are you not getting?"

That stops him and he motions for his guy to get off the platform. His employee that I'm helping out says "I'm sorry, man" and of course I am wanting to move the truck now. But I stop and said "No, stay up there and finish your task, this is better this way and if your boss doesn't care about your safety - I do. I'll move the truck out when you are done." And so the truck is still in the same spot as I write this. I go back in the store shaking my head....