Thread: Long Sofas

cauldeb Guest

Default Long Sofas

What length sofa would fit four people comfortably? What kind of cushion/back pillow configuration would work best for four people to sit comfortably in conversation. I see the your way program has a 96 inch option but looks like it would still be just three seat cushions. Would the wider cushions make seating four people more possible or still just a three seater? I am looking for something maybe like the Copley in leather. thank you.

Default Re: Long sofas

You will need appx 23" per person on a seat. So, 23" x 4 = 92 inside lenght, and unless someone wants to sit on the "crack" then a 4-cushion sofa is your target piece. They do make a new 4-seat Your Way piece.

You could get the Copley as a 4-seat as a custom-made, would have to get a quote and before we can do that need a leather selection as the grade of hide affects the price of the custom quote.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

cauldeb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    You will need appx 23" per person on a seat. So, 23" x 4 = 92 inside lenght, and unless someone wants to sit on the "crack" then a 4-cushion sofa is your target piece. They do make a new 4-seat Your Way piece.

You could get the Copley as a 4-seat as a custom-made, would have to get a quote and before we can do that need a leather selection as the grade of hide affects the price of the custom quote.

Thank you. I see Your Way option for 4 cushions which is 111 inches which might be too long. I may have to rethink four cushions. What in your opinion are the best dimensions for a sofa for comfortable seating for average people. We bought a great Henredon with a seat too high and too deep and we watch our guests struggle to get comfortable. It's a great nap couch but now we want a leather sofa that most people can sit comfortably upright without having to arrange all the pillows.

The industry standard (for what it's worth) is generally 20" - 21" Seat height and 20" to 22" in seat depth. Of course, one size does not fit all. What works for good napping and lay-down does not translate into a good sitting sofa. I personally think this is one of the best all-around sofas I have come across, though admittedly the style is not as current as some pieces and it's fairly plain. This is a workhorse piece however that I think is great for naps and for sitting for most people.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...ns/Kodiak-Sofa

For more transitional pieces, I (and my wife) really like this sofa, has a lot going for it AND is in the Just in Time program.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...Sofas/Ava-Sofa
    Duane Collie

cauldeb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The industry standard (for what it's worth) is generally 20" - 21" Seat height and 20" to 22" in seat depth. Of course, one size does not fit all. What works for good napping and lay-down does not translate into a good sitting sofa. I personally think this is one of the best all-around sofas I have come across, though admittedly the style is not as current as some pieces and it's fairly plain. This is a workhorse piece however that I think is great for naps and for sitting for most people.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...ns/Kodiak-Sofa

For more transitional pieces, I (and my wife) really like this sofa, has a lot going for it AND is in the Just in Time program.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...Sofas/Ava-Sofa

Thank you again. Can you tell me what sofas you have on your floor?

About twenty or so. Sorry, takes too much time to inventory them all and then type them out here. If you are looking for a particular sofa and want to come to the store, let me know.
    Duane Collie

cauldeb Guest

Thank you again. I love that Sloane that keeps popping up at the top of the page!! I will come in next time I head to Alexandria and see what you have and take a look at all your leather sofas.