Thread: Coordinating different styles/brands of chairs and sofa

dbird Guest

Default Coordinating different styles/brands of chairs and sofa

We are looking at replacing two older sofas in our family room with two recliners and a sofa. Children are grown, but I expect the room will always be well used. Currently, we are looking at replacing one of the sofas with two Huss recliners from Bradington Young.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...20young%20pull

The plan would be to buy a Hancock and Moore sofa in another year or so but I am wondering if there are any particular styles of H&M sofa that could coordinate well with these recliners, in terms of size and style.

Any suggestions are welcome--would love if there was a Just in Time option but since this is the most used room in the house, we'd be willing to spend more if necessary. Have learned so much from this forum!

Default Re: Coordinating different styles/brands of chairs and sofa

I like the Austin / Westwood / Epic sofa series to coordinate with the B-Y Huss Recliner. Note that the promo cover on the B-Y Huss is actually a pretty decent, pure aniline pull-up cover, so you would probably want a leather like that on the H&M sofa of choice, which is going to put you into a 2 or 3 grade leather from them. There are JIT options on the Austin and Westwood, however those will be finished/painted leathers - and they can work as well, they will just have totally different looks and textures.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dbird Guest

It's funny--I do like the look of the recliners (especially the pull up leather) but looking at the sofas that coordinate well makes me realize this isn't the style I am going for. I'd been hoping to get either the recliners or sofa as part of one of the promotional pricing. However, I've lived with protected leather sofas for almost two decades and really want to upgrade to aniline. I may need to move away from promotions and just bite the bullet to get what I really want.

I did look at the Martini line, which has Cameo caramel burnished leather, which may be in the same ballpark of what I had been hoping for. Would a burnished leather have some of the "cloudburst" qualities of a pull-up leather.

A burnished leather is a pull up that has been hand-antiqued, then a sealer coat put over the top. They really lose most all of their pull-up effect, its minimal with the burnishing.
    Duane Collie

dbird Guest

I like the look of the Huss Recliner from B&Y but am not as crazy about the bustle backs of the sofas like Austin, etc... for some reason, it looks better on the recliner than on the sofa to me. Can you think of another sofa that would have a similar scale but without the double bustle (not sure I'm calling it by the right name). I do like the look of the Kodiak for example.

Thanks so much--I have learned so much reading these threads.
    Last edited by dbird; 08-01-2017 at 01:57 AM.

dbird Guest

We have the two B&Y Huss recliners on order for our family room and they should be arriving in a week--so excited! I really like the looks and description of the Member sofa. I am 5'3" and my husband is 6 feet (long torso, short legs). Do you think this style would coordinate ok with the Huss recliners?

My husband is in love with the Henessy sofa (which we were able to try out), which I think would be a perfect choice for a future living room purchase, as opposed to the family room. Any input is much appreciated!

Yes, I think the Member will work well with the Huss recliners, style wise. Also, the seat height is a little lower than most on the Member sofa @ 19.5" , so you will like that at 5' 3" in height. Order a bolster pillow in the same cover for yourself to put behind your back and you'll be in business on it.
    Duane Collie