Thread: Who Makes a Quality Reclining Sectional Sofa

robin513 Guest

Default Who Makes a Quality Reclining Sectional Sofa

I am having to replace my reclining sectional sofa made by Lane. It is very poor quality. I need a recommendation for a quality product. I cannot find any good reviews for most of the popular manufacturers.

I hope somebody can help me. I have been researching for a week and am no closer to a decision. I am not interested in leather. We prefer a sturdy fabric. I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

Default Re: help please-Robin

Are you wanting to replace it with another reclining sectional? Or a regular sectional? Or separate couches? Most of the manufacturers you see recommended on this site do have full fabric lines as well, like I am sitting on a Hancock & Moore fabric couch right now.

robin513 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danw99 View Post
    Are you wanting to replace it with another reclining sectional? Or a regular sectional? Or separate couches? Most of the manufacturers you see recommended on this site do have full fabric lines as well, like I am sitting on a Hancock & Moore fabric couch right now.
    e
    Yes I want another relining sectional. The reviews for Flexsteel, Palliser and Best Home Furnishings have all been negative. I have researched many different brands. These were the ones that I was considering. I would love to find anybody that has a positive experience with these manufacturers.

Good dual recliner sofas do not come cheaply. $ 4K and up.

It's all about the mechanisms used, you want either a Leggett and Platt or Ultramech for the recliner sections, and then of course, decent cushion cores. High friction zones like in a dual recliner sofa should be in leather, it lasts 4x longer. Re-upholstery is pricey on fabric. Here's one that will do the job if you really want fabric:

https://www.taylorking.com/product.asp?PID=5643&CID=28

Better though, is this in leather:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...r-Recline-Sofa

I have the above coming in any day now in a special one-shot leather called Equestrian (color Chestnut). This Italian leather is being closed out and was a GR 3 price, the special is it will be at a GR 1 price.

Bradington Young has very good quality dual recliners, but that H&M unit is unbeatable.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

robin513 Guest

Thank you. Still can't find a reclining sectional sofa in fabric. Cannot use leather. I don't mind the cost. I just would like it to be durable. I appreciate your suggestions.

There is always a trade-off on fabrics, the more durable you get - they can lose their "hand" or softness and drape. So you want to be careful of shooting for that as a single target. Now, you can get a commercial grade fabric on a piece, they will approach 200,000 double rubs and even more, but they may be stiff and scratchy. I'd stay in the Performance fabrics, they are soap and water cleanable, and have rub ratings from 50,000 (Intuition) to 100,000 (Folton). Those are Jessica Charles fabrics that can go on a Hancock and Moore dual recliner sofa - and I'm pretty sure you would be more than pleased with the quality and durability of the frame.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

robin513 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    There is always a trade-off on fabrics, the more durable you get - they can lose their "hand" or softness and drape. So you want to be careful of shooting for that as a single target. Now, you can get a commercial grade fabric on a piece, they will approach 200,000 double rubs and even more, but they may be stiff and scratchy. I'd stay in the Performance fabrics, they are soap and water cleanable, and have rub ratings from 50,000 (Intuition) to 100,000 (Folton). Those are Jessica Charles fabrics that can go on a Hancock and Moore dual recliner sofa - and I'm pretty sure you would be more than pleased with the quality and durability of the frame.

Thank you. Found the reclining sofa that I like -Hancock and Moore.