My wife and I started moving my 90-year-old mother from her 3,800 S.F. home of 17 years into a 850 s.f. One Bedroom, Assisted living apartment today. Her house is chock-full of period antiques and high quality reproductions and it just isn't going to fit. I have a very good eye for seeing space and visualizing pieces in it, and maintaining spatial proportions that comes with years of being in the furniture business. Mom wants to take most everything - no way. For example, she has three Lowboys.....and she wants to take all three. I said to her "The only way you can put all three in there is if you stack them atop one another to the ceiling". We did manage to get (4) oriental rugs in there today (I forgot how heavy those are) so that was good, but she is having a difficult time processing that it will not all go, and that what will stay behind might not fetch the money she thinks it may be worth.

Much of "The Good Stuff" that won't go - and it will be quite a few pieces - will come to my store for sale. In particular will be a George Beshore Hanging Corner Cupboard that is a rarity, and there is no place to hang it. Then of course, there are old TV sets worth nothing and computer furniture also worth nothing to dispose of along with most the stuff in the basement. And I have to get her to give up here 96" Baker Williamsburg Camelback because its too long and we need an 80" sofa in there - at least if we intend to fit the Secretary Desk in the room. Will work through it all though, my ace delivery team of Jim and Tommy will be doing all the heavy lifting this coming Saturday. Wish us luck!