My husband and I have been eyeing the H&M Sundance sofa for over a year now and have finally decided to purchase the Sundance Recline Sofa as well as the Sundance Chair & Ottoman to replace our current furniture that I purchased out of college 11 years ago (cheap, microfiber sofa & chair which still look great and will be moved to another room). Just some background on our use/lifestyle.. we don't have kids yet but do have two cats one is declawed and the other is fully armed with his claws. They don't lay on the furniture much but the little clawed one is still young so he may become more affectionate with age and become a sofa kitty. He does jump up on the back of the sofa occasionally but avoids it otherwise. We eat on our furniture but I don't notice that we spill much when we do it. We've decided to go with leather for long term durability, but are having a hard time deciding which leather to chose. We have a lot of built in cabinets and bookcases made of bubinga wood, so there is a red hue to them so we thought that a red sofa would look great and the piece we saw at our local retailer was in Capri Claret (beautiful!) We really like the Capri Claret (Class 4, Unprotected) but are concerned with the capri since we do eat on the furniture, though we could always use a throw on the furniture when eating just incase. I do have some concerns with the cats and damage from their claws but hoping they won't find the leather appealing and that an aniline leather might be better than protected in showing any small punctures they may get from jumping on and off. Also I'm thinking the unprotected leather may be better for a moving piece (recline sofa). I'm also debating perhaps using the Crocodile Claret on the backside of the pieces though I'm not sure that my husband is onboard with that yet. Do you have any thoughts or advice on the leather choices, we want a quality piece that will last a long time and I am willing to do the needed cleaning/care to maintain it. A few others we have considered are the Caress Cranberry, Milestone Merlot, Bravo Cardinal, and Hombre Salsa.

Take care,
Elisha