Confirmation that we did the right thing and sent ours back and paid a big chunk of change to restock. After 1 month of having the sofa a small spot peeled that looked orange underneath (the sofa was dark brown). Also the color was rubbing off in weird spots. We had not applied or spilt anything on the sofa. After the store contacted Bradington Young they told me that the rep said the peeling is probably normal since cows skin is like ours and can peel in layers! Also, he did say something could have went wrong with dying process and they would take it back and recover. I didn't trust that after the peeling comment. I had also told the store the rep is welcome to come to our home and look at the piece which never happened. The store also overcharged us and told us we had picked out a more expensive leather which we found out later was grade one. And after we saw the sofa had a problem I started googling and found it on Wayfair for half of what we paid. Mysteriously their prices on Wayfair are increased now.
Very glad I found this informative site and The Keeping Room.