Thread: BY Connery vs Imagine vs Nicoletta

tinaz Guest

Default BY Connery vs Imagine vs Nicoletta

I was wondering if you have an opinion on the Connery 922 series. I received a quote from a local furniture store prior to finding your store online. The quote for the sectional with three power recliners (119" x 95 1/2"). Pieces were#55, #56, #68, #61 and #74. Grade 2 leather Hunington Ambrose 9131-84, aniline, king st collection. No nail head with Casablanca finish. The quote was around $20,000 which seems high. What is your opinion?

I've since noticed the articulating head rest line, particulary the Imagine, Cadence and Nicoletta series. Do you have an opinon on the power headrest? I'm assuming it increases the price.

Also after reading your info on leather ratings, I'm wondering if the leather we picked will be likely to absorb body oils. We had this happen with a leather recliner we previously owned.

Default Re: BY Connery vs Imagine vs Nicoletta

I think that quote is a little high. I would sell those (4) pieces for $ 7,944 + delivery fees based your location. There's a small problem, though, the four pieces you have listed cannot make a sectional as you have two corners, and every thing it left-arm-facing. Best to draw out the configuration you want, take a photo of your drawing and post it here. That way I can figure out the correct pieces.

I'm not a fan of the articulating headrests, there have been many problems with earlier units due to complexity they seem to have their share of warranty issues.

The 9131 leather is a wax infused pure aniline pull-up. Those generally don't have issues but if you have body oil stains in the past the key is a more frequent cleaning and conditioning regimen. Even wiping it down once a week with damp cloth on the contact areas goes a long ways to preventing that from happening.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

tinaz Guest

Thank you for your prompt response! After I posted my question yesterday, I looked at my quote again and realized the items they quoted didn't make sense. The pieces should be 55, 68, 56 and 33 with the recliners being power.

$8,769 with that combo (55, 68, 56 and 33) + delivery fees. All are power unit recliners (plug-in).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.