Thread: Lovesac/sectional

Default Lovesac/sectional

One of our friends recently bought a sactional from Lovesac and we liked it. One of the main positives was the fact that the covers could be washed and replaced in the future if needed. I was trying to do more research on its construction and found their FAQ here:

http://www.lovesac.com/faq

If we did buy them, we would get something like the 6 Seats + 6 Sides(http://www.lovesac.com/sactional.htm...&p=Slate_Twill). If the quality is crap how much would a similar couch cost from a better manufacturer?

Q: What are Sactionals inserts filled with?
    A: We offer 3 fills: Standard Foam, Down Blend, and Lovesoft™.

Standard Foam is made of 2 high-density layers and a supportive central layer that preserves loft and resists sagging.
    Down Blend is a cushy blend of goose down and feathers mixed with synthetic fibers.
    Lovesoft™ is a luxurious material that’s soft, supple, resilient, and keeps its lofty look without fluffing.
    Q: How are Sactionals constructed and what materials are used to make them?
    A: Sactionals are remarkably durable and guaranteed for life.

Fabric:. The khaki fabric on our Sactionals inserts is a cotton-polyester mix.
    Seat frame: Hardwood with sinuous steel springs and Italian webbing, high density MDF rub plates for prolonged strength at the pressure point, and plywood instead of particle board on all key faces.
    Seat cushions: Standard Foam cushions are made with 2 high-density layers of foam and a supportive central layer that preserves loft and resists sagging.
    Back Pillows: 3-chambered poly-fiber pillows. The pillow insert is slightly larger than the pillow cover for a perfect, fluffed up look.
    Shoes and Clamps: Each Seat and Side come with 1 Shoe and 1 Clamp. Clamps are U-shaped and made with solid steel so they won’t bend. Shoes are made with high-density MDF with real wood veneer on the outside.

Default Re: Lovesac/sactional

I looked at that and am kind of fascinated by their animation. Furniture-in-a-box, Lego-style. I don't know anything about that company, so won't disparage it, however I'll leave you with this thought.

What if the house you were living it was sent to you in boxes and you put them all together like that? Would you expect your house to hold up as well structurally as a one built in place upon a foundation? If the answer is "Yes, I would", then that Lovesac product may be for you.

No one can really tell you because that product is relatively new to the marketplace and the real test is how has it held up ten years from now, or fifteen. If you decide to go that route, please post us with updates throughout the course of ownership.
    Last edited by drcollie; 09-05-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Lovesac/sactional

I have heard of Lovesac, they've been around for a while and supposedly their bean bag chairs are very comfortable and hold up well. They are also known for being the 'higher end' of the bean bag competitors, and their prices reflect that.

However, I don't know why you would buy a 'traditional' couch/sectional from them. Their main selling point seems to be flexibility with the arrangement, but really how often are you going to want to re-arrange your couch? I guess if you move a lot? I think for $5k I could find a good quality regular sectional from one of the better manufacturers.