I gave my 5 year old American Leather sectional to my son. When moving it, he noticed sun damage to the back of the sectional. I thought it was in perfect condition. It sat in front of a north facing window and I never realized that although there is no direct sunlight, UV rays will also fade leather. He want to repair it and I am wondering if you have any suggestions on how to fix the color fade. I am afraid he is going to ruin it by dyeing the leather! The leather was unprotected leather.

I just purchased an H&M city sectional in Equestrian Toffee. It is sitting in the same place in front of my window. I live in an older home and the living room is small and I have no other place to put it. I have wood blinds and 3 windows - do I keep all blinds closed all day as my windows are old and have no protective glass to keep out UV rays? I spent $7800 on this and this is going to be the last sectional I purchase for many years. (By the way, there is no comparison to my older sectional - H&M is beautiful)!

Any suggestions on how to fix the older sectional would be appreciated and ideas on keeping my new one from fading would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Connie