Thread: Hancock and Moore # 9751 George III Wing Chair - MASTERPIECE - in Tiburon Cognac

Default Hancock and Moore # 9751 George III Wing Chair - MASTERPIECE - in Tiburon Cognac

This is as good as the Art of Upholstery gets. The amazingly complex and impressive George III chair in a classic Italian pull up leather (Tiburon Cognac) and the premium Belgian Chocolate finish. The chair is huge, and yes, you feel like a king when you sit in it. This is a statement piece - its grand, its dominating, and its expensive. It's hard to make and costs as much as two City sofas in the Just in Time program. But its also... SPECTACULAR! If you enjoy the mastery of furniture-making, then you will like this chair. Few makers can produce a chair such as this because they lack the artisans and craftsmen to make it. Notice that back panel, and the side panels, and made from a single hide and not pieced up. You won't see that often, it requires a lot of leather to make it like this. This one made me stop and admire the workmanship as I loaded it for one of my local customers. I spent quite a bit of time looking it over and marveling at the accuracy of the applied nail trim, the way the finish on the legs was applied, and the depth and evenness of the tufting and button set in the piece. This chair shows craftsmanship at a very high level. This is as Good as it Gets, folks.

Made in the USA, of course.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C6.jpg 
Views:	707 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	10236Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C7.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	10237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c9.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	10238Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair1.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	184.7 KB 
ID:	10239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C4.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	10240
    Last edited by drcollie; 09-30-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock and Moore # 9751 George III Wing Chair - MASTERPIECE - in Tiburon Cognac

One more photo. BTW, this was an excellent leather choice by the customer - this will age beautifully and be passed onto generations given reasonable care and kept out of direct sunlight.

Notice the cardboard pad in the photos. I told my delivery guy Roberto to not take it off that pad until it was picked up to move into the house. No way we wanted to make a mark on those legs, and I said "Go slow and take your time on delivery - don't let this chair come in contact with anything - if it takes an hour to move it in the house, so be it. Pad everything in sight."

Attachment 10241
    Last edited by drcollie; 09-30-2017 at 12:41 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.