Thread: Members sofa leather choice

dbird Guest

Default Members sofa leather choice

We just received our two Huss recliners yesterday (yay, love them, thank you Duane for reassuring my husband about the footrest when they were delivered yesterday, as I was teaching and didn't get his panicked texts. All is good!)

I was waiting for the chairs to arrive before deciding on a leather choice. Because the leathers are dark brown with mild pull-up, I either want to go with a burnished or another pull-up in a caramel color. Right now, I'm fairly sold on Buckingham Walnut Burnished or Cameo Caramel Burnished, but I'm wondering if there is a pull up leather in a lighter brown tone that I haven't noticed.

We have college age boys and a small dog who will be on the sofa. From what I've read, both burnished and pull up would be solid choices, but I don't know if one has the advantage over another?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Default Re: Members sofa leather choice

Sorry you had some damage to the footrest on one recliner. The delivery drivers ALWAYS say "it came from the factory like that", but this footrest clearly shows rub marks in transit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	528917469.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	10245

It's much easier to just order a new footrest and then attach with the (4) Screws when it arrives (minor hole drilling required) than to refuse the chair all the way from California. Those rub marks cannot be touched up as its a pure aniline hide on the Huss recliners. When the new footrest arrives, just swap them out and toss the one with the rub marks or keep it as a spare.

Cameo Tan and Cameo Bone are the only "light" burnished leathers - they're quite handsome, too. Pull ups and Burnished are both good choices, very tough, very solid.

Thanks!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dbird Guest

Thank you --as I am sitting on my new recliner, I am VERY glad we didn't send it back!
    What do you think of Hyde Park Tan Burnished for the Member sofa? It feels softer than the other burnished leathers but I don't know if that would be something that would translate from the sample. Thanks again for all your help! Looking forward to choosing this sofa!

Yes, its a headache for you when it has to go back, because its gone 7 to 9 weeks when you live as far away as you do - just a lot of miles and infrequent trips by West Express. I always try to find solutions to issues that make it easier for my customers, not harder. Since those footrests are so easy to replace if you have a drill and a screwdriver, it's better just to send a new one for your convenience.

Hyde Park tends to be a little more supple than some of the other burnished leathers because its a thinner cut than something like Imperial Whisky Burnished. The leather is split thinner and that causes it to be more flexible which results in a better hand.
    Duane Collie

dbird Guest

That's interesting about the thinness of the leather. I am sorry for all the questions. Does that make the Hyde Park any less durable or life-friendly than say, the Cameo Burnished?

Not at all, Cameo is likewise a thinner cut hide.

I almost never-ever see wear through on leather. Usually the sun eats it up or lack of cleaning/conditioning destroys the hide over time. Wear-through is about 1/2 of 1%, maybe I see one piece every 10 years.
    Duane Collie