Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hancock and Moore Your Way Motion Recliners, new Oct 2017

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Your Way Motion Recliners, new Oct 2017

I always keep between 40 and 50 pieces of H&M on the floor.

My Westwood dual power recline sofa just sold, so its coming off the floor on Friday (16th) after close for delivery the next day. I do have a Your Way Dual Power Sofa on display as well. That is the only Your Way piece I have in the showroom
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    We put this in the store this morning (my delivery guys were not happy, its heavy). It's a wonderful piece. If you want motion, this is the way to go in my opinion. Here's a iPhone video I did that's not very good, but it shows how it works. I will post photos in the LEATHER section where I keep all the rest.

https://youtu.be/7kfrPU02l6shttps://youtu.be/7kfrPU02l6s
    I found your video of the Westwood Your Way sofa this morning and then with a bit of searching this forum. I live in the Houston, Tx area but would like to visit your store in order to try out the motion mechanism and bustle back. I also read that you sold the sofa in the video in February, but by any chance, do you a have a recliner or sofa with a similar bustle back on the floor? Do you still have a Your Way chair or sofa so I can check out the power mechanism? I’m searching for a sofa and two recliners that are well made in the USA, and it seems Hancock and Moore may be the only manufacturers that offer Leggit and Platt power mechanisms, wall hugger capabilities, and various options from which to choose. Thanks so much!

I had (2) H&M Power Sofas units on the floor - one sold (the Westwood) - however I still have the Your Way model with the articulating headrests on the floor. Of course, if you decide to fly up from Houston just let me know the dates and I will be sure not to sell it until after your trip is completed and you had a chance to see it. I currently have that unit, plus (1) Loveseat that is dual power (Bradington Young) and about (16) recliners from H&M and B-Y. All USA-made. (only one of the recliners is power, rest are manual).

Interestingly enough, I've had several customers come to the store as a destination from many miles away! DCA (Reagan National) is relatively close to my store just a tad over ten miles to my store and I am within a couple miles of historic Mt Vernon, George Washington's estate that is a good place to tour if you've never been, as are all the other Wash DC sights. Best time to visit is now through say mid-June, then after Sept 1st (avoid the infamous Washington DC summers in July & August).
    Duane Collie

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I’ll definitely notify you if I’m able to visit your store.

Sara Casper

I have a question in regards to pricing.

I have been shopping for the last three months and on 05/02/2018 I bought my HM motion your way sofa and cant wait for it to arrive. I live in southern California and went to several places and got a different price at each location. the price ranged from $8,000 to $10,000. the model that I was looking for is YM90EABBTPR, i got the bustle back with the tapered leg and epic arm. I got a class 2 leather angelo mushroom.

I am from San Francisco and called retailers up there as well and got the same price range. However, I called the store where my parents bought there HM sofa and two chairs, in South San Francisco, and they gave me a price of $5615. I know that furniture is really marked up but how can there be such a drastic price difference. I am not complaining, I am just curious. With the money that I saved I am paying them extra to deliver the sofa directly to me from San Francisco instead of going thru a third party company. I like the idea of dealing with just one person throughout the transaction.

Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks

Sure. Every dealer sets their own prices and needs a margin to operate. The fancier the store and larger staff, the higher the prices as they need more margin.

Did you buy a floor model? H&M ran a one-time Market Special when they introduced those and I have my floor model in my store priced very similar also in a GR 2 leather. If so, that explains it as dealers got a deep discount to put one on the floor as an introductory piece.

If you ordered it - then my guess is they made a pricing error on it. The $ 8K price + is generally correct for a brick and mortar store. That price on a new order is unsustainable after they pay shipping costs from NC to CA.

Be aware that is a 535 lb sofa, you need to have 35" doorways to get that in your home AND virtually no steps to go up, it's a very difficult piece to deliver due to the weight and cannot be maneuvered much. Please give the guys a tip if they get it in the house, they will have earned it with that unit. And a tip is not a bottle of water!
    Duane Collie

Thanks for the reply. I did not buy a floor model. I ordered it and chose all my options. I was concerned about the size and it being delivered. The main reason I am having them deliver it direct to me is when I went into the store I told them that my door is 36" wide and that I had an elevator to get up to my unit. It is a straight shot from the truck to the elevator and then to my door so they can roll it on a dolly. I took a lot of pics of my front door and entryway from all angles and showed it to them on my Ipad. the sales woman even had the delivery/ warehouse manager come out and look at them and the measurements before I ordered the sofa and he told me they should be able to get it in. I really hope there are no issues. I talked to my apartment complex and they area going to remove my front door to allow a few more inches.

I am way ahead of you on the tip. I am planing to give them each $50 plus the water. Any other tips you may have I would love to hear.

Thanks again.

They probably made a pricing error if that was an ordered piece - that's my best guess. I ran the margins on dealer wholesale vs your price paid and its not a margin any store can live with and stay in business. Because we dealers always always work from a price book and manually use a calculator to get a price, its easy to fumble-figer a digit and quote incorrectly. But you know, it happens. I probably make four to six pricing errors each year in favor of the customer and don't discover them until I do the books and check invoices long after the deal is done. What are you going to do? Can't go back to the customer and say "Oh gee, that should have been _____ $ more, can you pay for my mistake?" Of course not. So count yourself lucky in getting an exceptional price on that unit, the store charging in the $ 8K + range for it are not out of line, that's very much fair for the piece.

Good deal - sounds like you did your homework on delivery, and that pays off. Those units are so heavy, I turn down about 50% of the sales on them because I know we can't deliver them (basement media rooms, stairways with landings, through areas requiring lifting over kitchen counters, etc). Hancock and Moore is currently exploring making them as break-down items, so they can be bolted together in the customer's home and come into the house as smaller segments. Two men on a 535 lb sofa has Worker's Comp written all over it and I told them they cannot keep building pieces this heavy, it has to change. So they are listening.

Good luck on the delivery and enjoy the new piece.
    Last edited by drcollie; 05-27-2018 at 11:57 PM.
    Duane Collie

Motion-Your-Way-YM36-NA-arm-SB-split-back-tapered-leg-in-Cameo-Brown-Burnished

Just received two of these and could not be happier with them.

Very comfortable, very smooth, high quality.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2072.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	10989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2070.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	10990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2072.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	10989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2073.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	10991

More info/review in the pictures section:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...Brown-Burnishe

Dave

Just got my HM motion your way sofa. Came out GREAT!! And a really good price!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0034.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	11177