Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hancock and Moore Your Way Motion Recliners, new Oct 2017

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Your Way Motion Recliners, new Oct 2017

That looks really nice and goes well with your furniture. What leather and color is it?

Angelo Mushroom..Class 2

Looks great in your room Wd, good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by davez View Post
    That looks really nice and goes well with your furniture. What leather and color is it?
    Dave..If you shopping and are interested I got it from Giorgi Bros. in South San Francisco. They were great! my folks also bought two HM chairs from there about 10yrs ago. Ask for Flo..she was really good an patient with all my questions. I ordered it on May 2 and they delivered it to me in Orange County on 9/11. My price was $5615.00 which if you shop around is a very very good price.

Only two Days old and I am very upset. This thing is SO uncomfortable when sitting in a reclined position. It is killing my back. I do not know what the issue is but its terrible. Also, having sever puddling issues. I know all leather gives and puddles but should not be this sever with less than 8hrs of sitting time. I am so upset!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0041.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	11183

Hi Wdmagic -

I'm surprised by the discomfort you are describing, but not so much by the puddling.

I have a bad back and am very sensitive to my seating. As a result, i sat in over 100 recliners from many brands, before buying the two articulating recliners (see earlier in the thread). The articulating H&Ms were by far the most comfortable that I found. They use the same mechanism as your couch, so I would expect you would get similar results. Here are my thoughts on the issues that you describe (and hopefully resolutions for you, too)

Puddling:

What cushions did you get? There are two basic types (Qualex Foam or Springdown) for the seats, and similar options for the backs. Softer Foam and the Springdown do tend to puddle more.

You can also get the cushions 'overstuffed' (this is the wrong term, but basically they wrap them with an extra 3/4 of an inch of material). Overstuffed will push back out more and reduce puddling.

Overstuffed (adds 3/4's of an inch of padding),

This thread will give you examples of the cushions and the proper terminology:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...Moore-Cushions

You may need to get different cushions to resolve the puddling. You may also need different cushions to resolve your comfort issues.

Comfort:

First question is what is uncomfortable? Head angle, lower back, something else, combination of things?

To me comfort is a function of the angles of the chair, length of the sections, density of the cushions and the feel of the leather.

When I first got my chair (all standard Qualex foam), my thought was that I wanted higher density foam in the mid back section and the softest down cushion in the head. I'm 6'. My 5'1' wife immediately thought that she wanted down in both the back rest and the head rest on her recliner.

After two months, she told me she doesn't want to change either, because they have softened up to just right (I'm guessing that was really the leather stretching a bit). I also am now happy with the head rest as it is in standard qualex foam. I'm debating still getting denser foam for the mid back piece.

I also have found that I tilt the articulating head rest a bit less now that I did at first. That just sort of happened, but my mom was recently complaining how uncomfortable the passenger seat in my dad's car is...and I just adjusted the head rest and she is fine and quite happy now.

I'm happy to make more suggestions, if you can describe the comfort issue in a little more detail and read the cushion thread (i'm guessing that will be the ultimate answer for you)

Dave

Well first let me say I lover the over all sofa. I really like the articulating head. When I lay down on the couch it is really comfortable, I can does right off. However when I am sitting, the back cushions just dont feel like there is any support. It feels fine for a few minutes but it feels like my back is resting against the back of the sofa. It is so bad that after 10 min or so I am really sore. It is really upsetting as I have really been looking forward to getting this piece. I knew that you could get different cushions but not being able to compare and see and feel it in person was the problem. My folks have two HM reclining chairs and they have the standard inserts so I thought that it would be ok.

I sent an email to the woman that I bought the unit it from to see if there are any options to try to fix this. I am hoping that the back cushions can be changed out however I want a professional to do that. I will not even think about trying to do that myself. That being said I am not sure what to even get..I don't want to go too far the other way.

Well, the good news is, there are firmer cushion options., and it sounds like that would help. Cushions are also amazingly easy to swap out. If you lift the bustle back cushions up, or remove the seat cushion and flip it over, you'll see a zipper. Just unzip, pull out old cushion, put in new cushion.

One thing you may want to try is putting some additional padding in the lower back cushion and see if that help. I did that on my old recliner when the back cushion got too soft, and it helped a lot. I had an shallow (1-1 1/2 inch deep) foam lumbar pillow that i used on airplanes, and that made a huge difference. You could also just get a lumbar pillow and put it on the outside of the cushion and see if that helps, too. If it does, you'll have a pretty good indicator that the firmer foam cores will help.
    Last edited by davez; 09-15-2018 at 12:09 PM.

I contacted the woman that sold me the couch and she got hold of Hancock and Moore and they area sending me new back inserts. The are going to send me all six pieces, she said the are sending me X-full to replace the ones I have in there now. She said the ones that are in there now are fiber plush. I really hope the new ones give me the support and fill out the back. She said they are sending them directly to me but it will take 3-4 weeks.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    What this translates to is - for most people - the most comfortable recliner you will ever sit in. A powerful statement, but I've never sat in anything better. Not even close. I took a few photos of one in various positions, note the head pillow:

Name:	YW7.jpg 
Views:	761 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	10299Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YWM6.jpg 
Views:	677 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	10300Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YWM5.jpg 
Views:	670 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	10301
    Hi Duane - as you know we've been looking at recliners. This one right here you posted I believe is the same as (http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...Brown-Burnishe).

I also have one in the same Nordic Arm (model number is missing the Y however) see picture attached. It, like in the pictures in this thread and the other thread I linked, reclines past a TV sitting position to where you can lay back and take a nap.

Name:	80106679_10215666017991393_7379483529471590400_n.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	13711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210216_193133.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	13712

When I look at the your way pictures on H&M's site (http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...Your-Way-Chair) they only show them in TV position.

Name:	1-3-2018_10-47-43_AM_3_PR.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	13713

Just checking if they still do recline further back than TV position?