Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hancock and Moore Your Way Motion Recliners, new Oct 2017

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Your Way Motion Recliners, new Oct 2017

Appreciate your order, Dave! You will be one of the first to get this new series, I look forward to seeing your review of it once it arrives. I thought they are unique and spectacular, and it will good to get feedback from folks such as yourself (glowing opinions from the dealer don't carry much weight...lol)
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

What is the MSRP on the 115 & the 90"? Do only the end seats recline?

Correct, only the end seats will recline. I don't have the new pricing at my home computer where I am responding from, sorry.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    More photos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YM36TASBT MOTION YOUR WAY CHAIR.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	10308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YM36SAOBB MOTION YOUR WAY CHAIR-side.jpg 
Views:	591 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	10309Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YM36SAOBB MOTION YOUR WAY CHAIR.jpg 
Views:	597 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	10310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A13.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	10311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A12.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	10312
    Does the recliner that appears to have Sundance arms and side have a “Sundance Back”? That would be a knockout reclining loveseat companion piece to a Sundance Sofa dontchya think?

I can't recall - my guess is that it does not, however.
    Duane Collie

Hi Duane,
    I know you can't vouch for comfort on various design elements, but I wonder if you'll d comment about arms. I am honing in on a decision between the Wrangler Sectional, which I know I'd have order, like probably this week...and a loveseat sectional and a long couch.

I don't think the arms matter quite as much for comfort in a couch, although they do somewhat, but would especially on a loveseat.

I love the look of the Sundance couch, especially for floating in my Great Room. If the other piece of furniture is a Sundance Loveseat, and where my husband and I would sit most of the time (I'm guessing) when it's just the two of us,
    Would comfort over design, there, prevail? The Nordic (I think) scoop arm looks comfy, so do the round ones.

I have questions about the Wrangler dimensions, because it's no longer on H and M site. I'll call you because it's not really relevant here. Also, about som round armed sofas that aren't quite as deep as the Settlement. I only have an iPad and am jumping back and forth between, I think, Journeys, Septembers, Evenings. I feel like Goldilocks...this one has too low of a back, this one is too shallow, this one is too short.

I just don't get the sense that doing a Your Way sofa or sectional would have special design elements that some of the existing "lines" do. Am I right? Is it better to customize one dimension of an existing design?

Maybe this should be a separate thread...Your Way vs Customizing? If you think so, could you move it or tell me? Thanks so much. I'm hoping to get a second batch of samples today and if I can get out of my head and some clarity on dimensions, place an order.

I had really hoped I'd be able to swing a field trip. My son lives in Williamsburg and is on break. Thought maybe he could bring me up. Still an outside chance, but his clutch went out. If they fix it quickly, he wants to visit a friend who lives in Vienna, VA, ear Tyson's corners.

I am thinking Alexandria is in that vicinity? He'd stay at his friend's I'd stay at a nearby hotel. My health precludes the round trip in one day.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4307.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	10543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4307.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	10543

That's the room, to remind you, where this is going

I didn't mean for the same picture to post twice, but can't seem to remove one. That's my MILs old furniture pushed out of the way

I'm not so sure how much arms play into comfort, since if you are going to lay down and nap or stretch out, you will most always have a pillow. If you are NOT going to use a pillow, then a big roll arm is best, no question about it. Or one like in the Journey series, that has a pillow top attached to the arm.

Sundance is pretty hard to beat for "Best Looking Units from the Back". I'd vote for the Sundance sectional for your room vs the sofa / ottoman, myself. How can you not like this angle against the fireplace?

Name:	Sundanceback.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	10545

"Your Way" pieces don't have style elements per se, not like many of the others.

My store is near historic Mt Vernon, 2.5 hours from Williamsburg, about 30 to 40 minutes from Tysons depending on traffic.
    Duane Collie

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	10548Click image for larger version. 

Views:	318 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	10547Click image for larger version. 

Views:	318 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	10547Can't argue with the aesthetics! That is GORGEOUS. The room shape doesn't lend itself to having the Sundance centered on the fireplace. It is a LONG room. The TV will be wall mounted perpendicular to the fireplace. No, no, no to over the fireplace. I don't think the angle of the Sundance is 90 degrees? Which is what this room really lends itself to. Hard to tell from that picture. I have positioned furniture as stand-ins for placement. I could schlep it around also to show that I'm thinking of a recline loveseat where the MIL's fabric sofa is: that would face the TV. I have lined up various and sundry chairs to pose as where I'd float a Sundance. Or the whole thing could be a sectional

I guess I thought pix weren't attaching and I duplicated. Sorry.
    Last edited by Monk5990; 01-09-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Name:	IMG_4363.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	10549

I'm trying to understand this schematic drawing of the Sundance Sectional. One of the things that "puts me off is that measurement of 19" depth. Are the end seats deeper? I did read that someone who got the Sundance Sectional (I have no idea how long ago) was surprised that it wasn't deeper.

Is that depth, or lack thereof, because of the curve? I know the Sundance Sofa itself has a depth of 49 inches and is 24" deep. So, it's a BIG FRAME!
    Last edited by Monk5990; 01-09-2018 at 08:50 PM.

That schematic is very confusing and outdated. The unit has a curve outwards to the front seat edge, which is very gentle. You can see it here if you use the rug on the floor in front of it as a visual reference:

Name:	Sundance3.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	10550

I don't think the 19" is correct on inside depth. I would have to call and get a set of measurements - the unit is not shallow.
    Duane Collie