Thread: Stanford Furniture review?

raygunclan Guest

Default Stanford Furniture review?

We are starting our search for a leather sectional. I am looking for specific pieces with wide cushions and a deep seat. I can't really afford high end, but know we will have to fork over the dough for leather. We are hoping for this to be a piece that we will have for years to come which is why we are purchasing leather. (Dogs, dirt, kids. The fabric upholstery hasn't been our friend.)
    I came across some styles and sizes I like from a brand called Stanford Furniture but am unable to find ANYTHING on them. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge that might help lead my decision? Thanks so much!

Default Re: Stanford Furniture review?

Sorry, I am not familiar with Stanford Furniture.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

raygunclan Guest

Shoot. Are there any brands that you could recommend that have wide and deep seat cushions that won't break the bank? We are looking for something that is about 14x14. My parents have a Henredon sectional and my inlaws have one by Taylor King. We love the soft seat on those sectionals, but are not really loving that the cushions are so narrow. It seems that there is always someone sitting in a crack. Thanks so much for your help!

There are a LOT of good brands on the market, and Stanford may be one of them, I've not ever looked at their pieces. Did you say 14' x 14' sectional? That's 168" x 168", its a monster. I've never built one that big in 30+ years of doing this business. HUGE. Be careful ordering that large, that size is not adaptable to most homes and while it may fit the house you are now in, likely it would not if you relocated, especially in a deep unit. The term "Not break the bank" is unclear - that needs a dollars budget range to be more definitive.
    Duane Collie

raygunclan Guest

Hmmm. You're making me think, Mr. Collie.
    We have been in our home for 17 years and are getting ready to remodel. Our children are in high school and college. We want a sectional big enough for the family to be able to get together with significant others (and eventually grandkids) and comfortably watch the Miami Dolphins lose. Our room isn't huge, but we want to use up all of the space we can on seating. I love the look of a couch and 2 chairs but I am always thinking "What if you have 15 people over?" Haha! I am thinking that we will need to spend between 8 and 12K to get a good leather and down wrapped cushions. I really love what my inlaws and parents have as far as the seat feels when you are sitting and they both have down wrapped cushions. I think it might end up being 14x12, but I threw out the other 14 because I would rather over prepare my budget.
    And thanks again. I am really hoping that this is something that you carry and we can work together to get a sectional delivered sometime in late spring!

Generally, I like to advise folks to set up for the use 90% of the time, not necessarily for the max capacity. Also, avoid over-crowding a room with furniture and preserve walkway space. Use a cocktail ottoman with the sectional and that way that can become at least one seat, sometimes two when you have a crowd over. Generally sectionals are are in 22 - 27" jumps in size, as that's the average width of a seat cushion. For example, if a 2-seat side takes 112" of wall space, the 3-seat will be around 137" and the four seat 159".

Of the brands I carry, I would probably put you in a Century Leatherstone, in one of the "extra" depths. These you can build at 36" Depth, 38", or 41" depth (all at the same price). You don't mention if you want an "L" corner or a rounded one, however let's assume an "L". Century has been around a long time and is considered one of the premier makers in North Carolina. Here's their Leatherstone catalog:

https://www.centuryfurniture.com/gal...ne-catalog.pdf

In GR 1 leathers:

LR-7600-21 Corner Chair: $ 1,793
    LR-7600-42 LAF Sofa (3 seats): $ 3,593
    LR-7600-52 RAF Sofa (3 seats): $ 3,593

Depending on depth selected and the arm chosen (there are several styles), your run length on the above is around 130" x 130" and run $ 8,979 with down cushions. Then add in an armless chair # LTD7600-11 in GR 1 into the segments if you like and that will increase by 27". Then you would have 4 seats with the armless added or 157" (13'). Price of each armless unit is $ 1,493.

Above does not include delivery fees. Prices subject to change. Note these are prices from my store and every dealer sets their own pricing.
    Duane Collie