Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leather Sectional, possibly Sundance???

Question Leather Sectional, possibly Sundance???

This is my first post here, I'm looking to add a quality Sectional to my home, the room it is going in is wide open and the sectional will not be against a wall. I have room for 129" on each side. Comfort is important, it will be in the room we use most often. I have 3 children 7, 11, 11 and a small dog that loves laying on top of the back cushions, kind of like a cat.

I'm new and still have a lot to learn, the Sundance I like because of the nice design on all sides and the reputation of quality. Also the size is perfect. Not sure if it will fit through a 36" doorway.

I will do some searches, I read a little bit about Town and Country on H&M, I couldn't find a list for 2017. I probably wouldn't do anything until 2018, but I'm curious how this works. I'm hoping this program might put a high quality piece in my budget.

Thank you all

Default Re: Leather Sectional, possibly Sundance???

Yes, a Sundance sectional will fit through a 36" Doorway. Here's a photo of a 3 / 2 we did quite some time ago, with a Robinson Cocktail Ottoman, its probably one of the best looking sectionals I've ever come across, and it sits well, too.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...kipling+cognac

The Town and Country list is current as shown here in the thread in the Furniture Forum, the Sundance Sectional has never been in any of the promotional programs, however. Don't look for that to be in there anytime in the near future. Most Sundance sectionals will hover around the $ 9K to $ 14K mark, depending on configuration and cover used.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...tional-Program
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you for the quick response, I like the wrangler as well. I am not dead set on H&M, but I would like a quality piece that I can keep for a while and H&M seems to have an outstanding reputation. What sectionals fall under the Town and Country, I have read the Sundance does not, but in the link you posted I see it in Group 11 on page 2.

The picture in the link you show above is beautiful.

I am looking forward to learning a lot here, Great Forum you have put together!!! Very informative!!!

Whoops! I forgot they had put the Sundance Sectional in the Town and Country Program, however its the larger 3 seat unit on each side so the # 4716LAQ / RAQ units in Portfolio Tobacco or Claret leathers. If you want a 2 seat unit on either side of the "L" then that takes it out of the program. The only other sectionals in T&C is The September in a 2 / 2 seating configuration, and the York series. For more info, read into the program in the link already provided in the prior reply.
    Duane Collie

Fantastic that is exactly the size I would want. The Potfolio Tabacco seems to be a color that would work great also. I will keep researching/learning and give you a call when I am closer to making a final decision.

Thank you again, that is great news!!!

I showed my wife, she loves it. I left you a message, didn’t realize you’re closed Mondays.

We would be looking for the Sundance in the Portfolio Tobacco listed above and a large ottoman/bench for it. I’m thinking the bench should be at least 4’x4’.

I’m going to try to find a local place to look at the furniture in person and sit in it etc.

Duane Collie

I love that one, I was able to go out and see the Sundance Sofa in several colors, one being the Tobacco Brown and we loved it.

I was thinking of making the Bench a different color, but I’m afraid to do so without seeing them next to each other. The store I was at today had sample leather and I thought Juno Jute might complement it. Any thoughts on this?

If you do an ottoman in a lighter color than the main body sectional, it really makes it stand out visually, and I think sometimes too much. Your eye will go to the ottoman immediately. The ottoman is an accessorial piece, not a primary one, so you want it to be somewhat understated in contrast to the sectional. This doesn't mean you can't have fun with a cover choice on it, but be conservative is my recommendation, especially on such a large piece that is 4' x 4'. Do it in the main body leather or if you want something unique and don't mind spending the extra cash for it - one of the animal patter hides can look good. such as Cayman Rust (GR 5). Or for something fun and not too crazy, get a button tufted ottoman in the same leather as the main piece, and then change the buttons only - use a lighter leather like the Jute and have only the buttons done it it. Small custom look, no extra charge for that (usually) and its not too dramatic.
    Duane Collie

Great points!!! I am thinking now to stick with the rug and a few pillows/nice blanket to add some contrast.