Thread: Update to White Glove Delivery Service - changing companies

Threaded View

Default Update to White Glove Delivery Service - changing companies

I will be transitioning to Sun Delivery Service as my preferred White Glove Delivery Service in the next few weeks.

I listen to customer feedback, and the number one complaint I get is length of delivery time, and secondly the difficulty in reaching someone by phone when you do call to get delivery status of your order. Sun Delivery should be better on both accounts as they are larger and more integrated than West Express / A&O Delivery whom I have used the past dozen years. They will be a more costly to use, but one thing being in retail for half a century has taught me is while customers say they want the lowest price, it's not at the expense of service. You may always select your carrier, you are not obligated to use my default carrier. It's your purchase, you can choose!

Want a higher level of service? Choose Plycon Van Lines for example. They will bring your pieces to your driveway in the manufacturer's original packing and have the lowest damage claim rate in the industry. However they are more costly and slower than most. Want a lower delivery cost? You can stay with West Express and A&O Delivery for that - just don't be in a hurry to get your furniture and know it will get there eventually.

Sun Delivery should be able to improve considerably on delivery lane times and status information if you contact them. "Should" is a relative term, however - delivery of furniture is not Amazon Prime, UPS or FED EX and it never will be. The White Glove Delivery Service does not run hubs like those companies do where they are moving trucks constantly and frequently. Sun has (3) distribution centers, one in High Point NC, one in Dallas TX and another in Las Vegas NV.

Sun, like the companies before them, do not take credit cards as payment. They are Certified Check or Money Order only. No cash or personal checks, either. If you REALLY want to use a credit card for the shipping, you can do it in conjunction with your order from The Keeping Room, and there will be a 5% surcharge to the freight quote - for the freight portion only. That covers processing charges for the card and my time to pay them their bill on your behalf. Just let me know at time of the order.

Typical delivery times with Sun from the time they pickup your order at the manufacturer's dock:

East Coast : 2 to 2.5 weeks
    Midwest : 2.5 to 3 weeks
    West Coast 3 weeks
    Oregon / Washington State 3 to 3.5 weeks
    Low traffic states such as the Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Nebraska will be 3.5 - 4 weeks.

Examples of costs of delivery. A single sofa from NC to Florida:

West Express : $ 250
    Sun Delivery : $ 375
    Plycon Van : $ 550
    Last edited by drcollie; 11-09-2017 at 03:57 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.