Thread: Off to College

Default Off to College

It's been a week since my wife and I took my daughter off to college. I have to say, we both miss not having her around, even if she did blow in and out of the house all hours of the day and night. There is definitely a void in the house with her not here, though I think my son enjoys having the bathroom to himself. She has been MUCH more communicative with us in the past week, texting/emailing or even calling to say 'hello' and sending us photos of the sunsets atop the hill at James Madison University almost every late afternoon with "I love this campus!". They look like they're having fun.....her new pals in the dorm, and the Pep Rally for the Freshman to teach them the school cheers.

Now I know how my parents felt (well, at least my Mother) when I went away to college so long ago!

MUST......RESIST....SUNDAY MOTORCYCLE RIDE IN THAT DIRECTION.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pep rally.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	428   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	so many people.JPG 
Views:	300 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	429  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

Think of it this way, Duane: You done good. You have a happy, well-adjusted, intelligent daughter who loves her college, and is embarking on what may be the most liberating 4 years of her life--discovering her true calling, etc. All made possible by Mom and Dad. And Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. Like I said, you done good.

She's doing well ! Reports from the front are that many of the Freshman girls in her dorm are homesick/weepy right now at the 2 week mark. She's not one of them, thankfully. In her Senior year we started transferring decision-making to her (and pretty much required her to get a part time job to pay for incidentals and her gas money) and that made her ready to live out of the house. So far, so good!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.