Hello Duane and fellow consumers,

Recent new listener and first time caller here. I am looking for a new sofa for my family room, I have been to many local stores and all over the web. I currently have a 4 year old Elran sectional that I was told was leather, but the color is peeling off everywhere, the material underneath is not woven but stretchy and pliable. I assume this is a bi-cast leather. Anyways, I have 2 dogs and want something that is going to last. I want to go with a regular reclining sofa and accent with a chair or two rather than one big piece. I have researched many brands and found out that they all make the best furniture....When I go to the local stores I find that I know more about furniture than they do, and that scares me. The best place I found was a small town mom and pop shop. Their prices seamed fair and the staff seamed fairly knowledgeable. They sell Smith Brothers, Elran, Comfort Designs, Klaussner, Flexsteel, and La Z Boy. They have an Elran I like in a Semi-Aniline Top Grain leather for $3,500. But I am a little scared to pull the trigger due to the Elran I currently have. I would love to buy a H and M, but it is out of my price range. The local H and M shop also carries Century, their own private label which I was told was part of the Rock House Farm family, and Drexel. At this place the person was nice but didn't seem that interested in helping me. I have found that most places around me are more interested in moving stock than helping the customer find exactly what they want. I have sat in hundreds of sofas lately and will admit I like the power headrest on some of them, but would much rather spend the money on quality than accessories. I have even considered a stationary sofa and a reclining chair, but with a L shaped room and the TV location I would prefer a reclining sofa. Plus my German Short-hair/American Stafford mix snuggler would prefer she can sit by me. Which will bring me to my last question. Am I better off buying a less expensive (Chinese Disposable) sofa and replace it every few years.

Thanks for your help,

Ryan