Thread: Hooker Leather Sofa and Love seat

Suzzanne Guest

Default Hooker Leather Sofa and Love seat

Found an inexpensive Hooker set name Mowry. Hooker claims it all leather, but the sides and back feel very different from the seating. Thought this might be good since it has the Hooker name and they own Bradington Young. I understand it is much less expensive. Do you know anything about this furniture? We cannot afford BY or HM.

Default Re: Hooker Leather Sofa and Love seat

Hooker does indeed own Bradington Young, however they are two distinct and separate operations. All Hooker brand furniture is imported, mostly from China. B-Y is made in Hickory NC. I am a Hooker dealer, but quite frankly I have never brought in any of their upholstery goods. Chinese-made upholstery can and does look different from USA-made product, its very evident. Most Chinese upholstery is made in huge factories that churn out several brands at the same time, so they tend to be quite similar, just labels change and some of the styling details. I have no hands-on experience with Hooker upholstery but do bring in some of their case goods which I find are decent. One of the main issues with any Chinese-made furniture is getting parts - even something as simple as a replacement leg, they are just not available. They may very well (and probably are) using Splits, Bi-Cast or Bonded leather n the sides and backs, I can't say for sure.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.