Thread: Comfortable counter 24" stools

patrol Guest

Default Comfortable counter 24" stools

Hi- any recommendation with Hancock & Moore on their most comfortable 24-26" counter stool? With a back... no necessarily arms... swivel preferred, but if there's something more cushy that is non swivel that might be possible. Needing 2-3 for a small kitchen island, counter is 36". I like the Viceroy, the Watson, Radius, and Station -- would you say they are similar in bottom seat cushion comfort? Or would the deeper one's sit better? I'm about 225 lbs. 6'

Is there choices in cushion thickness or no?

Default Re: Comfortable counter 24" stools

I have Steele Farms in my own home, if there's one that sits better, I've not found it yet.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...rown-Burnished

No choice in cushion thickness, however you can request a higher density foam if you want less 'give' in the seat.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Comfortable counter 24" stools

Although it is a Class 4 leather, I highly recommend Burl Cocoa on bar stools. A few years ago when I requested a few leather swatches from Duane for two bar stools, he suggested this leather.

My wife and I loved the color and as Duane gave me more information about this leather, I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to a Burl leather. I know you are not looking for a bar stool with arms but the Dawn bar stool also has a very comfortable sit.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...highlight=Burl

Like Duane's bar stools, mine also get used on a daily basis. The Burl leather takes a beating and I think it gets better looking after a lot of use.

About a year after I got the bar stools, a neighbor's kid came over and sat in one of them with his tennis shoe folded under one of his legs. I though his father was going to die of a heart attack when he saw the marks the shoe left on the leather. I told him not to worry but watch. I used my thumb to rub the marks out of the leather and in less than a minute, they almost completely disappeared and now add subtle character to the bar stool.

After two years of near daily use, I think the leather is just starting to develop that unique look one sees on old English pub chairs.