Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leathers / Frames / Promotions for 2018 at Hancock and Moore

Default Leathers / Frames / Promotions for 2018 at Hancock and Moore

This arrived in the morning mail for those of you contemplating a Hancock and Moore purchase:

Leather Drops. They *may* have stock left on some of these, it requires a phone call to check availability. H&M is closed until Jan 2nd, so there is no way of finding out until then:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dropped Leathers.jpg 
Views:	664 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	10478

Frame Drops. As with leathers, there may be a frames of some of the styles remaining. Don't wait if you want one, order it now and we will find out if its available the week of Jan 2nd. You will likely get it if ordered this week, however I cannot guarantee it.

Name:	Dropped Frames.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	10479

Revisions to Town and Country / Just in Time Program. These have been combined into a single price list for the dealers - and there are several hundred entries so it will take me hours to go through them and see how things are affected. I cannot tell you at this time if prices are changing. Here are the revised program guidelines:

Name:	Promos.jpg 
Views:	648 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	10480
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Leathers / Frames / Promotions for 2018 at Hancock and Moore

I just spent the last couple of hours going over the Just in Time and Town and Country promotions, current vs the new ones that go into effect Jan 8th. From what I can tell, every single item is increasing, but its not a percentage increase. Some chairs and recliners are going up $ 40 or so, others $ 100. Some sofas going up $ 80, others $ 400.

Remember too, that Just in Time and Town and Country items never go on sale, because they are already on promotion. So, if you are on the fence on getting something, you may want to order no later than Saturday January 6th to get your pieces at the current pricing from the dealer of your choice as they will never be less in cost than they are right now.

Oy!!! I have a lot of price tags to change.....
    Duane Collie

Glad I got my order in.

Thanks Duane,

It looks like the leathers listed are gone gone gone. Good to know, iron Burnished Whiskey is in a "favorite" pile on my kitchen table

For the frame list, I'm not as clear. The Wrangler sectional pcs are on the list. Does that mean they may have pcs for the Town and Country or J in T program, OR that there's the possibility that they are permanently dropping the frame and if they don't have one, which you won't know till January 2nd...they won't be making it any more?

Would you clarify? Glad I saw this. Thanks Duane

Tthere is a good possibility that certain hides in the dropped series are still in inventory, but as they sell off they will not be re-ordered. So if there is a leather you want that is on the list and you are ready to pull the trigger - do it. Worst that can happen is they say they don't have any and you re-select.

If a frame is dropped, then its dropped throughout the entire lineup (will be gone in Town and Country / Just in Time as well as the main catalog). H&M is not one to refuse an order so if you order a Wrangler Sectional and do it fairly promptly, they are going to build it for you. Once they throw out the pattern (they still use cardboard templates to hand-cut leather from, not a digitized CNC machine) then they are gone forever. Often there are parts to assemble a few more in inventory as well, it requires a phone call to find out.

One of the "gotchas" I run into when leathers and frames are dropped is folks will call me and ask me to check for them. I do - they are available - and then the potential customer says "let me discuss it with my spouse". I don't hear from them for a few days and then they call back to order - and its gone - and they are upset. Remember there are some 300 dealers across the USA, and we are all pulling from the same inventory and nothing is held for anyone. It's not uncommon for another dealer to take the dropped leather or frame you are thinking about, they have customers, too! So my suggestion is to have your decision making process completed before you have the dealer check availability, and then seal the deal at once. When chasing dropped leathers or frames it's time critical.

Hope that helps!
    Duane Collie

Thank you! One more question. Do you ever order the frame and follow a few days later with the leather? Well especially if they've discontinued the leather you were thinking of! Thanks!

We cannot do that, sorry. An order has to have complete specs to be entered at H&M. You may change the leather up until the time it is cut. Once it has been cut then the order cannot be cancelled or modified (except for nail trims). I allow one order change at no charge once submitted. Subsequent changes incur a $ 30 charge per each change.
    Duane Collie

yoganandt Guest

Hi Duane,
    I want to get a quote on H&M Austin, Lowback stationary sofa. Is this just a forum post, or is there a sales team to reach out.

Thanks

I am the sales team <g>. It's a one-man operation.

Call the store at 703-360-6399 for quotes on H&M. Thanks!
    Duane Collie

FYI, if you are interested in the Just in Time Promotion Nordic series chair and sofa (# 6339 series) in Hyde Park leathers, I'd advise you to buy that series NOW. Dramatic price increases on those pieces, so much so I am ordering one each for floor stock today!
    Duane Collie