Thread: Ottoman to go with Austin High Back sofas

RSwanson Guest

Default Ottoman to go with Austin High Back sofas

I have two Austin High Back sofas in Viking Tobacco (a protected leather). I'm looking for an H&M ottoman that compliments the look of the High Backs. What models? What color families compliment the tobacco? Would an unprotected leather look out of place next to the protected leather? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Default Re: Ottoman to go with Austin High Back sofas

Easy!

# 8131 Austin ottoman for a single unit - get it in Viking.

# 8139 Austin if you want a wider unit as shown here and then select another leather for it other than Viking:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...-Ottoman-&-1/2
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

yoganandt Guest

Hi Rswanson
    Sorry to hijack your post. I'm thinking of buying Austin in Viking tobacco.
    I want your feedback on the leather and the sofa. Can you please let me know.

RSwanson Guest

Thanks, Duane! I wasn't aware Viking is still an option; H&M removed it from their site sometime after my sofa purchase. I think the 8131 in Viking will work great and let me keep my coffee table where it is.

RSwanson Guest

Hi Yoganandt,

In search of the perfect sofa for my first home, I was in and out of so many furniture stores over a span of 6 months. Luckily i eventually found the Austin. My Dad and I sat down on one and immediately looked at each other and smiled. It was by far the most comfortable sofa. It also met my criteria of being constructed of real wood in the US. Everything else I read about H&M was a bonus.

I don't have any complaints about the Viking Tobacco leather. It's soft and easy to maintain. The color is a dark brown with little variation. I went with the distressed mahogany wood finish and the "S" nailhead to keep the look simple.

H&M doesn't show it on their website because they don't want customers ordering it in a non-promotional piece. Another cover that is also "Married cover Only" is Alberta, and they don't show that, either. Both Viking and Alberta come only as pre-cut and pre-sewn married cover kits to the USA, there are no loose hides in either series.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

RSwanson Guest

Thanks for all you do Duane! I'll see you when I'm ready for a recliner in Capri.