Hello everyone!

I usually just lurk in this forum, and have only posted a few times in the past. The forum has been especially helpful to me though, as I have scored some very nice gently used furniture, and felt good about my purchases, directly because of what I have learned here. Thank you all so much :-)
I am posting again because I have a couple questions that I'm hoping I can get answered here. I am refinishing an oak table from the early 1900's and have been looking for some chairs to go with it. I recently found a set of 6 Hickory White dining chairs for sale at a consignment store that I think would look nice with this table. 2 of the chairs are covered in fabric and have arms, 4 are covered in leather and are armless. The set is in pristine condition. The chairs were originally priced at $1400 for all 6. I have talked with the owner of the shop and can get the entire set of 6 for $1100, or she said she'd sell me just the 4 leather chairs for $999. I realize it would be hard to give an estimate of their value without pictures, but i can't find much info, or anything like these chairs on the company website, or anywhere else online. They are pretty standard dining chairs: straight, high backs, the upholstery/leather is on the padded seats, and also on the padded backrests (front and back), antique brass nailheads on all, and the chairs have an exposed wood frame and arms. Does anybody have any info about the Hickory White company? Do they make a good product? Does the price I was offered seem like it's reasonable for these type of chairs from this manufacturer? I love the look of these chairs, but I don't want to overpay for them just because they happen to be for sale at a higher-end store in my area. Thanks very much for any help or advice that anyone can offer!

~Ronnie